Skip to main content

Friday Favorites: It's Finally April!!


 It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!! Can I get an Amen?! It has been a long and busy week, I'm linking up with Andrea and the rest of the gang for Friday Favorites.

My First favorite is the awesome pictures my new phone takes! Expect more blogging now that i've got this fancy gadget!

Wednesday night I started reading Melissa Tagg's new book Like Never Before. I"m on her street team and got an advanced copy. I feel so special! I'm sure I will have finished it by the time you're reading this, but it is just as good as all of her other books! Full review coming soon!
 For Easter I went with some neutral nails. Gold on the fingers and a white accent nail.
 Another favorite is laying on my couch with the windows open, under my comfy Dollar General Throw.
 For Easter our Main dish was Mix and Match Mama's Chicken Ranch Mushroom, over mashed potatoes. SO good! I loved having left overs this week!
 And let's just be real. I have Ranched everything this week with my Hotbox ranch courtesy of Sarah!
 Apparently I was hungry this week... Wednesday I got a free bagel from Big Apple Bagels who is now under new ownership in our area. I didn't care who owned it, I just wanted my yummy swiss melt with veggie! SOoo good!!
This was my view earlier in the week. Sitting at my kitchen table, working on my computer, flowers and sunshine. And yes that is a baby gate to keep my nosey students out of my kitchen.
Still working on my selfie's with my new camera!
A Snapshot of my afternoon.
Propping my feet up inbetween students while I check my email.

I can't help it, flowers just add such cheerfulness to my kitchen and work area!!
I have been stopping to smell the flowers, literally :)
At least these tulips won't fall prey to the jerk rabbits outside who ate my tulips I planted last year! Grrrrr..
 Watching Catfish on Hulu while I bike on my stationary bike. I didn't last the whole episode, partially because I was dying, and partially because the bike was making this super annoying sound and I just couldn't take it anymore!
 A windy, and rainy Thursday called for a comfy outfit and my hair pulled back with a headband and bobby pins. If I didn't have to leave my house I could have worn it down but Wind and Rain are not a curly girls friend.
 Seriously this outfit is soooo comfy!! It's a new top from Od Navy and I started ordering shirts from the Tall Section so they would be comfortably long. I hate having to adjust and tug at my clothes. This shirt was nice and long, to the point that I could wear it with leggings. Whoo hooo! Comfy for the win!
 My first errand of the day it was crazy sunny. I put on my sunglasses and was instantly hit with a crazy dizzy spell. My vision was all wonky and my head was spinning! I whipped the glasses off and i was fine. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me until I looked in the rear view mirror and discovered I was missing a lens. #IStuggleGreatly
 The next errand of the day it was pouring buckets of rain. Oh Indiana weather!! I headed to my Chiro for a MUCH needed adjustment. My back and hips felt so good after I could have laid there and taken a nap had I not needed to go back home to teach! My lower back has been in PAIN, but it feels great now!!
I ordered a new phone case for my phone and it came today! I was SO excited! It is a Mint Green Chevron, it is lighter than it appears in this picture. I also ordered a pink circle monogram from Etsy to put on the back of it. I am a Southern Girl at Heart!

The only bad thing is that the case is still as slippery as the phone, so my butterfingers dropping my phone on my face issues have not decreased. Again. I struggle.

Happy Friday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea