Skip to main content

Never Forget

I wanted to blog this yesterday, but I was busy. (more about that in a coming blog)

Yesterday was 9/11, the 7'th anniversary of when our whole world changed. I am shocked, saddened, and slightly angry, at the amount of people who forgot, or didn't even care. I have always been a very patriotic person, and with family in the military, I just have alot of pride in my country. I feel 9/11 is sort of like Independance Day, not a day to rejoice, persay, but another day to celebrate our country and our freedoms that we have. And it goes without saying to honor those who lost their lives in the attacks, and those on the planes who fought for our safety, even knowing theirs was in jeapordy, and the troops that continue to make sure that we are safe. The terrorists might have attacked us, but they have not won by any means. I wish we had services or a memorial or something of that sort around here so I could go. Instead, I dressed up in red white and blue, and found a flag pin, and proudly trotted my patriotic self to work. Its kind of hard to express what I feel about 9/11. So I will just post my rememberances of the day....


I was at PCC on 9/11. I was upstairs in my Philospohy of Christian Ed class.. I remember coming down the elevator in the library and seeing every big wig at pcc, minus dr horton, in the conference room by the elevator. I could instantly tell that something bad was going on. My first reaction was that Dr Horton had passed away.

I was in chapel, in the DHA, in row Q, on the organ side, when they announced what had happened. I was in shock. I couldn't quite comprehend it, but I knew enough to know that at that moment, our entire world had changed.I had a bible class after chapel.

I remember standing with Jeremy Heisey upstairs in the MK, watching students walk to the four winds. We were just speechless, wooden.We went into class and our teacher didn't mention it. AT ALL. We had a quiz that we both failed.

I remember just wanting to talk to my parents to know that they were ok, even though we lived no where near new york. Later, I found out that my brother had come home, grabbed his guns and was preparing to drive from indiana to florida to take me home to safety.

I did not watch the news in the residence halls. I just couldn't make myself do it.The first real knowledge I had of the horror that went on, was the next week when we were finally able to go off campus. I bought People and me and my roomies sat on my bed reading it and just sobbing.It was the next summer when I was home that I finally saw video of what had happened. My parents had bought a 9/11 memorial video and I watched it one night when no one was home. And just sobbed.

May we never forget, and may we never take our freedom lightly.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...