Skip to main content

Easter Weekend!!

Easter Weekend started off with Good Friday, We had an AMAZING Good Friday Service at church, I pretty much cried through the entire thing. It was so powerful. It really put things into perspective for me.

After church I wiped away my tears and went and met Jennifer, her hubby and her two adorable children. I got to snuggle with baby Tyler and it was sooo nice!! I haven't held a tiny baby in a while and he was just so precious. Untill he got upset and started crying. Then I gave him back to his dad. :)


After that I drove home, got there at a halfway decent time, about 10:15 pm. Hung out with the parents for awhile, hit bed at midnight and read for an hour. Needless to say I slept in Saturday. And I ahem, might have taken a nap as well:) You allready read about our excitement saturday night, after that Mom made us some FABULOUS smoothies. Oh man they were DELISH! as Always!!

Sunday morning was church, of course! I should have taken a picture of me and Mom sitting in church before the service started. We were close to the back!! I am strictly a back row baptist,and my parents are second to third rowers. Mom tried to haul me to the front row and i was like UH UH!!! :)
PJ preached and we had a really good service. I forget her name, but this woman sang MY redeemer lives, one of my fave songs, and man alive she gave me goosebumps! The spirit of the Lord was definately in the house that morning!!


We came home from church and I amused myself by taking pictures of myself and my Mom cooking as I was waiting for our family portrait session. Sadly I am basically the only member of our family who actually LIKES pictures, no scratch that, I LOVE PICTURES!! So it was a short portrait session.



Aren't my parents adorable? I love them!!




Me and my Daddy, also known as my mechanic!! He fixed the break pads on my truck today. Apparently they were all almost gone. oooops.
Resurrection Sunday is almost over but may we remember everyday!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...