Skip to main content

The weekend to end all weekends...

Usually I spend my weekends on my couch, lounging around, napping, watching stuff I have dvr'd, going to church and then taking a nice long sunday afternoon nap.



Not this weekend.



Let me just share mu schedule for the next three days with you and you can see why I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep at night all week long, and have eaten a whole LOT of ice cream.



Today I worked an hour late.



Friday: Cover front desk 8-9
Meeting about Commencement Reception 9-10
Set up for Spring Fest aka MANUAL LABOR 10-???
Hustle back to office and change into dressy clothes 2:30
Set up Honors Posters 3-4
Honors Poster Session at Ross Ade 4-5:30
Alumni Dinner 5:30-7:30
Take down Honors Posters and bring back to Office 7:30-8

Then I finally get to go home and sleep, for a little bit.

Saturday isn't bad as I will be at the CFS Tent at Spring Fest from 9-5ish

Sunday gets fun again
Tent at Spring Fest from 9-11:30
Hustle back to the office and throw on something fancy
Schlep the Honors Posters and all the stuff for the reception over to STEW and set up for our Reception/Colloquium
The recep/colloq is 2-3:30 and then clean up, head back to office, dump off posters, change back into working clothes and go tear down everything in our tent.

I don't think I've had this busy of a weekend, since, well, never.. I'm looking forward to Spring Fest but I'm so incrediblly stressed over the honors reception/colloquium that its not even funny.

So needless to say y'all won't be hearing from me untill Monday, probably Tuesday.

PRAY FOR ME!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...