Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Katie Marie!!!!

Today is a *VERY* Special Day! Its Katie Marie's Birthday!!
I have only know Katie since April 2008, but in that short time the two of us have been through alot together and have become such good friends. I really don't know what I would do without her. Ever since the first time I cried and snotted all over her shoulder (I NEVER cry in front of people, especially people I don't know!) And she held me and patted my back and said awww honey its ok, I knew I had found someone special. So what do you do when you find a special friend? You stalk them and never let them get rid of you! Kidding.. I think...

Katie is one of the most nurturing, loving people I know, yet she has a wicked sarcastic humor. We're alot alike, you never know what is going to come out of either of our mouths, although she manages not to embarass herslf in public like I do. Well unless you count the falling in heels this week. Oops I wasn't supposed to mention that!

BAck to the good! Katie is an EXCELLENT Mother to two ADORABLE, beautiful, well mannered, precious little boys. Watching her with them makes me yearn to be a mother so I can experience the joy and love she is. She is very calm as a mother too. She doesn't freak out when her kids open an entire bottle of pancake syrup and pour it all over themselves. She just laughs and takes pictures. Katie is the kind of loving and FUN Mom that I hope I can someday be.

Katie also has wicked directional skills, which is great since I have none. See, we balance eachother out! She is always up for anything whether it involves going to weddings with me of people she has never met before and sitting there watching me sniffle around during the vows.


She also is always ready to help out and lend a hand and help me whenever I need it. Whether I know I need help or not. She came out in a snow/sleet storm to take me to the DR when I sprained my ankle and even brought me taco bell and MT DEW!!!! to eat.

And she somehow knows when I'm about to freak out over something and calms me down. She's never ok with an I'm fine, she always makes me tell her whats really going on, good or bad, and I love that about her!!
Katie is a great friend and I am so glad the Lord blessed me with her. I look forward to many more years of craziness!! Happy Birthday Girlie! I love ya!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...