Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes

1. I am currently sitting in the overstuffed chair in my parents new living room, with my whole family!! <3 Dad is asleep as usual.

2. I had the most relaxing drive home seeing the Fall Scenery.. I love fall in Indiana!!!

3. I am feeling the urge to dye my hair again. I am noticing that I have two tone hair. I really want to go to a rich dark brown color.

4. I also need to cut and thin out my hair in a BAD BAD WAY. Although Caca loves it and wants me to grow it out... I wonder if I can cut it without her noticing?

5. My bro has been at Purdue recruiting this week, and today he walked by my office on his way to a business lunch. I about fell off my chair in shock! It was really cool though to be at work in my building and see my family!!

6. On Fridays there is a Chinese Womens bible study that meets for two+ hours in our foyer. I think its so cool that they get together and have it in public and aren't ashamed of their faith. I wish I knew chinese so I could listen in!

7. Speaking of Women's Bible Study, I am so happy that mine started up again! It is such a blessing to be able to go fellowship with other women believers. No matter what kind of day I have had or what has went on. Going to Bible Study just helps put everything in perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...