Skip to main content

Tour of Lafayette!!





My Bro and SIL were in town for a business trip Thursday and Friday, and before we all headed home to the farm Friday night for a family weekend, I gave Liz a mini tour of Lafayette.

Thursday she picked me up for lunch and we went to Dog N Suds. Mmmmm.. sooo yummy!! Despite a brief moment of fear whether their monster truck was actually going to fit at the drive up, it fit and we had a great time! They have the comfiest vehicle for hanging out in! The front seat is HUGE and you can curl up and still have plenty of room. Man I wish my truck was like that I could take a SERIOUS nap at lunchtime!!!

That evening Kev went out with his work peeps and Liz and I headed to Arni's for dinner. I had been craving Arni's for quite some time. I don't think I've had it all year so it was time! We had a great time and great food, and she is addicted now as well!! Great conversation as well, we stayed for two hours! I love having family that are my best friends that we can share whatever is on my heart. We are so blessed that my brother married a wonderful, Godly woman, who not only loves him!!!!! but loves us as well and is an active and willing participant in our family!!

We all headed home Friday night and stayed up WAAAAYYYYYYY too late. But no fears we made up for that by sleeping in on Saturday, and ok I might have taken a nap as well:)

Sunday wasn't as great, I got a migraine late saturday night and despite taking my meds still felt bad Sunday morning. So I missed out on church and going out to eat with everyone. Which I realized, We've never all been out to eat together! We always eat at home, or I am in town with Kev and Liz and eat with them. So sadly, we still haven't. So I stayed in bed resting until everyone got home and then we all got ready and they headed home for Iowa and I headed back to L-town. I arrived safely and am feeling better. I honestly think it was from my electrocution Friday night. My neck feels fine and that's usually where I get my headaches from. But Friday night I started getting a horrible headache and it came back on Saturday night. SO I blame it on the near death experience!!!

Anyways that was this weekend, work tomorrow and Tuesday and then Surgery on Weds. Can't wait to get it over with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...