Skip to main content

7 quick takes

1. This weekend has been so busy, which is why this is a day late!

2. I can't wait to spend tomorrow with my Mom (and Dad!) They are coming to town to go to church with me and then have lunch and presents at my apt!

3. I am so proud of myself that I made my mom's famous homemade icing Thurs night and it actually tasted like hers!! Not as good because she has that special Mom ingredient that she puts in but still it was danged good!!

4. Last night was our last Small Group before Summer break. I am happy and sad. Happy that I will have more free time but sad I won't see my kids every other week!

5. Speaking of the kids I let them play with my camera last night and they took some pretty hilarious pictures. You will see why I usually go to the chiropractor the morning after small group! HA!!

6. I discovered my new favorite store today, a bookstore very close to my apt. It has all kinds of used books, old books, its fabulous!!! They actually had newer books too. I was in book heaven! And I didn't even go to the mystery section, that would have done me in!!

7. It has been unnaturally cold and rainy today and WHOA windy. Kind of made me feel like it was fall. It was SO HOT yesterday that I had to take my cardigan off at lunch and today its in the 40's! Whats up with that?!

Comments

Whitney said…
We've had a cool front come through here, too. It was so chilly last night and all day today. In fact, it's supposed to be only 63 here tomorrow. Then Tuesday it shoots back up to almost 90!! Ugh!

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...