Skip to main content

My Monday Afternoon/Evening

My Monday afternoon into evening was spent with several hundred of my closest friends in a hot, sweaty, hot, jammed, hot hallway. Did I mention it was hot?

About 4:40 right after Apes had left the tornado sirens went off. I am used to weird noises in our hallway and I assumed that the Resp Lab was doing work on their dummies. I peeked over my desk and saw that the lab was shut and dark. Hmm... And the the announcement came over the loud speaker to go to our safe spot. Mike Prangley would have been proud!!
So I got to spend over an hour with this long hallway of people. What cracked me up was how each dept and their students all stood together!! The funniest thing was that at 5:25, 10 mins after the tornado warning expired, I got one of our Text Alerts that I should seek shelter. Um.. really?


And as a tag line to this story, because this just made me laugh so hard that I want to preserve it here... Here is the emails that went back and forth this morning from my "Little Brother" Tyler and I. (p.s. he's getting married June 26!! stay tuned!!)







T-So, I got stuck in Ivy Hall for over an hour because of the tornadoes… didn’t even get to finish what I was on campus to do. I have to return to get my id badge…

C-I wondered if you were still here! I should have texted you to see! I was at the end of the hall by the grand hallway and merciful heavens was it HOTT!! I didn’t think things could get any worse until Yoder showed up and started bothering me. I was praying for the tornado to take me or the second coming!!! :)

T-I was down the hallway a little bit sitting with my neighbor from home. I did see Yoder walking up and down the hall and I’m very sorry I wasn’t around to be “all over you” to give him the hint. haha

C-Ewwww.. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!!

T-Throw up every day when he makes “googly eyes” at you or be awkward for 5 minutes? Pick your poison…
C- Valid Point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...