Skip to main content

Beauty from Ashes...

Its amazing to me how God can show his love for me even in painful situations. God is good and he SHINES in the hard times. I had something happen last week that a year ago would have broke me. I would have been so miserable and in a "STATE" as my Mom would put it. But this time I wasn't. By the end of the week I was darn near JOYFUL which truthfully almost freaked me out a little bit!

Its awesome to see how much God has been working in my life and is changing me and molding me into his own. And how he is teaching me complete dependance upon him and how to find my happiness and peace within him. I've always tried to but I think being such a people pleaser I have tried in the past to find my happiness from others and what they thought of me. Which is pretty prideful. (When I catch up blogging on Bible Study we'll talk about that ;) )

But through the past year I feel like God has really been working on me and in me and opening my eyes to his blessings. I originally thought man, this stinks! This crap is happening the DAY after my Birthday??!!! (Y'all know how much I LOVE my Birthday!) but it was in God's perfect timing because for 7 days straight, Thursday to Thursday, my friends took me out to dinner, had me over at their houses, ect we celebrated my Birthday every single day sometimes twice a day! Let me tell you I was EXHAUSTED by the time Friday rolled around! But I was shown so much LOVE in that week. It was really overwhelming. And I realized that God had done that for me. He knew what was going to happen and he padded that week so that for 7 days I would be with almost every friend I have in town being celebrated for who I am. I thought that was pretty awesome!!

I have to say as well. I am so thankful for my Bible Study ladies. I know I say this everytime but seriously if you are not in a bible study with other women you need to hustle and get in one! They have been such an encouragement to me through the past several years since we started and I just can't describe what they mean to me. I came in to church Weds night and Sheryl asked me how I was and with one look at my face she could tell not well. I said I'm not doing so well and she picked up her stuff and came over and sat down by me and she, Bryna and Michelle surrounded me for the entire evening.

They put their arms around me when I began to cry during the prayer and just covered me with so much love. Its an amazing feeling when you can be somewhere and literally feel people praying for you. I could feel the three of them praying for me the entire time, and honestly that was partially why I broke down crying!! Prayer is such a powerful thing and its amazing when someone cares enough about you to pray for you. And these ladies, and the others have done that for me for years now. I just love them.

I was talking to Sherita and she said something that opened my eyes. She said that before God created me he knew this was going to happen and he put things in place to comfort me and make me feel loved. And I just thought about everything that had went on and all these special surprises, My brother and sil driving 5 hours in snow just to spend less than 24 hours with me for my birthday because they love me and knew how much I wanted to see my nephew Benjamin. And my parents keeping it a secret and sneaking to get me home. Just to surprise me and make me feel special and loved. And boy did I!!

I also had an AHA moment as Oprah would say it when I thought about my friend Jordan. Somehow I stumbled upon her blog, I don't even remember how or when and I started reading, then commenting, then we became fb friends and started to talk and she started becoming somewhat of a mentor to me. She did my blog design and my business logo and has become a sounding board. And she was really helpful to me during my egregious moment. And I realized that God in his infinite wisdom put her in my life to be a blessing and a help to me through this. That really gave me chills.

I know that Jesus loves me, I mean he died on the cross for me, thats LOVE!! But I think sometimes I take it for granted or really don't even think or realize the magnitude of his love and care for me. This past week really showed me that and it was amazing. Instead of feeling broken or rejected or just sad, at the end of the week I felt Joyful and LOVED. So incredibally loved. By my Saviour, by my family and by my friends.

Comments

Jordy Liz said…
that is so sweet of you to say those things. i have been amazed the way God has worked in my own life through the blogging world. i'm lucky to know you!

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...