I am going to share something with y'all that I most likely will get made fun of.
But really has that ever stopped me before? Laurie was sharing the story of her fear of birds and that has brought up the very real fear I have.
What makes this time of year a very frightening time for me.
Because, I, the great Cherrybear..
I have a fear of Bunnies.
Yes, that's right. You read it correctly.
Bunnies.
I don't care how sweet and innocent you think those terrifying creatures with their nasty buck teeth are, they are weapons of EVIL!
It all started over 10 years ago when the Cherrybear was in High School.
Ok so it was more like 13 years ago but really who is counting?
As most of you know my parents have a farm so they live out in the country. At that time my then Aunt and Uncle were living next to us, and I had a cousin at that time who I was close to.
Also AT THAT TIME I was a huge fan of pro-wrestling.
Namely, The Rock. I mean seriously, can you blame me?
Anywho, back to the story.
So my Aunt and Uncle had a dish so therefore they had cable.
My Parents had 4 tv channels.
Needless to say I was over at my Aunt and Uncles twice a week to get my Wrestling fix. Monday Night Raw and Thursday night Smackdown.
Wow does that show how old I am or what??!!
One Monday night in the summer, I was walking back to my house from having a lovely night of wrestling and eyeballing The Rock and all of his gloriousness.
It was pitch black and I just had my flashlight with me.
Having walked that walk so many times over the years I could do it in the dark with no problem.
Untill I heard rustling that is.
I turned my flashlight on and swung around to be confronted with a pack of rabid rabbits.
I am dead serious people I can't make this stuff up.
We eyeball eachother for about 1.5 seconds untill they start RUNNING towards me and my flip flopped feet, baring their freaky buck teeth, with what looked like foam running out the side of their mouths.
I took off running like my life depended on it.
I don't know if my life did but my feet and toes certainly did. I bet they would have killed me if they had gotten to my feet. That was probably their nefarious plan. Eat my toes, get me to fall down to the ground and go straight for the jugular. They are evil I'm telling you. EVIL.
I was screaming like the dickens, but did anyone in my house hear me? Of course not. I lost a flip flop, and never did recover it. hmmm... What does that tell you?!!!!
But I did make it to the front door and slammed my way inside, and laid on the door panting and thanking Jesus for saving me.
I walked into the house shaking and my Mom wanted to know what my problem was. She hadn't heard me screaming at all. Thanks Mom.
I called my Aunt to tell her and my Uncle about this pack of rabid rabbits they needed to look out for and they found it highly amusing.
My heart rate didn't go down for days. I was so scared of the bunnies I almost didn't go back on Thursday for wrestling. But I sucked it up for the sake of The Rock and took a flashlight and a baseball bat with me.
I should add at this point that my Aunt at that time (since divorced) after hearing my story went to Walmart and bought over 12 plastic bunnies and sat them up around their yard and in the pine trees.
When I came on Thursday and saw a bunny at every corner I took off running for my life again and slammed my way into their house as well, only to run into all 4 of them standing in their picture window LAUGHING at me.
To this day over 13 years later I am still TERRIFIED of bunny rabbits.
I can't help it. I know it is silly but I think they are evil creatures designed to kill people and eat their poor toes.
Its a scary time of year for me.
But really has that ever stopped me before? Laurie was sharing the story of her fear of birds and that has brought up the very real fear I have.
What makes this time of year a very frightening time for me.
Because, I, the great Cherrybear..
I have a fear of Bunnies.
Yes, that's right. You read it correctly.
Bunnies.
I don't care how sweet and innocent you think those terrifying creatures with their nasty buck teeth are, they are weapons of EVIL!
It all started over 10 years ago when the Cherrybear was in High School.
Ok so it was more like 13 years ago but really who is counting?
As most of you know my parents have a farm so they live out in the country. At that time my then Aunt and Uncle were living next to us, and I had a cousin at that time who I was close to.
Also AT THAT TIME I was a huge fan of pro-wrestling.
Namely, The Rock. I mean seriously, can you blame me?
Anywho, back to the story.
So my Aunt and Uncle had a dish so therefore they had cable.
My Parents had 4 tv channels.
Needless to say I was over at my Aunt and Uncles twice a week to get my Wrestling fix. Monday Night Raw and Thursday night Smackdown.
Wow does that show how old I am or what??!!
One Monday night in the summer, I was walking back to my house from having a lovely night of wrestling and eyeballing The Rock and all of his gloriousness.
It was pitch black and I just had my flashlight with me.
Having walked that walk so many times over the years I could do it in the dark with no problem.
Untill I heard rustling that is.
I turned my flashlight on and swung around to be confronted with a pack of rabid rabbits.
I am dead serious people I can't make this stuff up.
We eyeball eachother for about 1.5 seconds untill they start RUNNING towards me and my flip flopped feet, baring their freaky buck teeth, with what looked like foam running out the side of their mouths.
I took off running like my life depended on it.
I don't know if my life did but my feet and toes certainly did. I bet they would have killed me if they had gotten to my feet. That was probably their nefarious plan. Eat my toes, get me to fall down to the ground and go straight for the jugular. They are evil I'm telling you. EVIL.
I was screaming like the dickens, but did anyone in my house hear me? Of course not. I lost a flip flop, and never did recover it. hmmm... What does that tell you?!!!!
But I did make it to the front door and slammed my way inside, and laid on the door panting and thanking Jesus for saving me.
I walked into the house shaking and my Mom wanted to know what my problem was. She hadn't heard me screaming at all. Thanks Mom.
I called my Aunt to tell her and my Uncle about this pack of rabid rabbits they needed to look out for and they found it highly amusing.
My heart rate didn't go down for days. I was so scared of the bunnies I almost didn't go back on Thursday for wrestling. But I sucked it up for the sake of The Rock and took a flashlight and a baseball bat with me.
I should add at this point that my Aunt at that time (since divorced) after hearing my story went to Walmart and bought over 12 plastic bunnies and sat them up around their yard and in the pine trees.
When I came on Thursday and saw a bunny at every corner I took off running for my life again and slammed my way into their house as well, only to run into all 4 of them standing in their picture window LAUGHING at me.
To this day over 13 years later I am still TERRIFIED of bunny rabbits.
I can't help it. I know it is silly but I think they are evil creatures designed to kill people and eat their poor toes.
Its a scary time of year for me.
Comments
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunnicula