Skip to main content

Apes and Cherrybear- Reunited Again!

Friday night I ran home from work, changed, slapped about 5 pounds of makeup on my face, and fought with my hair for 35 minutes to try and straighten it into submission. Why you ask? Because I had a very important event to go to that night!!!!! And I wanted to look my very best!
I got in my truck, and drove and hour and a half, crossing state lines, to go meet up with.......
April!! We met up halfway at an Olive Garden where we enjoyed a three hour dinner where we talked almost non stop! I don't even think I ate half of my food I was just enjoying talking with her! I love that we have such a solid friendship that after we are apart we just pick up right where we left off. I am lucky to have that with my BFF Kim and Caca as well and I feel very blessed.
As you can see my hair struggled a bit but I didn't care!!
We had such a great time and had an amazing waiter who was SO nice to us, and even kept refilling our water and checking on us. He was so kind to let us stay there for three hours!
Apes requested that we dress up so I wanted to get a picture of our outfits. The front desk person snaped it before i was ready, hence the goofy look on my face but minor detail! I thought we both looked very pretty!
I just love her!!
Of course before we left we had to take a self portrait outside. You're not hanging out with Cherrybear unless there is a self portrait involved! I laughed and was heart warmed by how well we pose together!  I thought back on the many self portraits we have taken in the past few years and how many more there are to come! 
 
I am so thankful that God led me to my job and let me meet one of my best friends there! April is truely a life long friend and I am beyond thankful for her!  We have both learned so much and continue to grow and learn together. It's so neat to be able to see how we have changed and how God is molding us! I look forward to walking through life with her!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...