Skip to main content

Mid Week Confessions

I really want to wear false lashes since I have such puny lashes, which just clumped and fell out this weekend, again, grrr, but i have no clue how to put them on!  I tried once and it was a massive fail.

I have really been trying to live in the moment and not be so focused on capturing every single moment with a picture, hence the lack of photos on the blog. But I struggle when my nephew is around! On one hand I want to be present and in the moment, but on the other hand I want to get as many of him as possible since I get to see him so little. Which means I take tons of him and then realize at the last possible moment that we only have one picture together the entire weekend so I try to get a decent picture with him, and he's tired and wanting a nap, and getting a picture with a toddler is like trying to wrestle an octopus anyway.  Massive fail. Then I feel bad that we don't have a nice "Framer".

I really don't feel like I LOOK like an adult most of the time. I've tried stepping up my game and wearing, gasp, foundation under my powder. That was a big step for miss 5 minute makeup. Which btw i can still do. Just in case you're concerned I have went off the deep end.  I try to dress professional for work but man I feel like I just look thrown together all the time. I really need Stacy and Clinton to help me out.

I had to order a cell phone case for my phone as the sides are SO slippery that I keep dropping it. Sunday night I dropped my phone on my nose. Yes, I have real talent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...