Skip to main content

Tiddlybits

I started packing tonight. I realized while sitting at work I had almost a month until i move. I about panicked, so I came home after my eye apt and started packing. 10+ boxes later I'm starting to feel better about it.

Possibly because I'm hopefully roping my Mom into helping me pack my kitchen. She is a great packer. I am not. The kitchen is the hardest room for me. So many oddly shaped items. So I"m hoping she'll help me out with that.

My new place is on the way to my eye dr, so since I had a few extra minutes I pulled in and checked out where exactly I'll be at. I wasn't thrilled with the close proximity to the Village Pantry. 

I was also a bit of a creeper and got out and looked into the front room windows. The previous tenants had just moved out and the shades were open :) The living room was smaller than i thought but I liked it.

I was super excited about my mailbox being right by my door. No more tromping downstairs and running into weird people as I'm in my PJ's on the weekends!!

I have an issue with feet. Kind of a love/hate. I love baby feet. I love being barefoot. I HATE seeing other people's feet but yet I am strangely fascinated by them. Now that it's warm outside it's a non stop barrage of feet. And let me tell you, about 96% of the population needs to cut their toe nails. It's gross! Toenails are NOT supposed to be longer than your toes people. SHORTER!!!! Shorter than your toes! If you want long nails, grow your fingernails, don't be disgusting and have nasty long toenails and show it to the world. If you must be disgusting, please, wear socks.

I did learn at the eye dr that my right eye has gotten worse. He put me in a spare pair of new contacts and I have to say I could see alot sharper than before. I'm excited to see how well I can see things at work tomorrow with my new eyes.

I'm stoked because also at work tomorrow our new supply company is coming and doing a demo for us and giving out free samples. I love me some free samples. I love office supplies and I love that I get to order them. It will be a nice break to the afternoon. Now those are meetings I LIKE!!

The search for a new bed is *hopefully* winding down. I have two potential people I'm looking to buy them from on Craigslist. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be laying in luxury with some more space My pillow fort takes up a bit of space needless to say.

It will be 6 weeks tomorrow since I fell and had my head injury and concussion. And I STILL have a goose egg on the back of my head. I'm wondering if it will ever go away? It still hurts! I had to tell my Eye Dr about it, so he had to do some special eye tests to check on things. He asked me if I was seeing lightening bolts of light, and told me to let him know if I was.  Well I wasn't but I was after he shined all of the lights of Lafayette into my eyes. I refrained from mentioning that to him though.

Comments

Unknown said…
You know what I hate more than packing?

unpacking

Good luck with your move!!

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...