Skip to main content

Black Friday

 Ok so the first picture was me heading home for Thanksgiving, had to throw it in here! I was pretty happy!
 So Thanksgiving night my Mom talked me and Grams into going into Rensselaer for Walmart's Black Friday Thursday night specials. It. was.a.nightmare. I have never seen a store fail like that before. We and the people we stood in line with are all complaining about it. If Walmart doesn't step up you'd better believe I will blog in great detail about that horrific 3 hours I spent standing in line.
 Grams and I wanted laptops. Brilliant people that Rensselaer Walmart are, they had 6. That's right 6. 6 Laptops for their biggest shopping day of the year. So we had to buy the 100 more expensive one which did not make us very happy. But by that point it was too late to drive the hour to Lafayette to get their deals, as theirs would have been gone all ready.
 We didn't get home until after 1 am. And we got there at 9:45. That should tell you something. All we did was stand in line. My feet hurt SO BAD after we got home. Mom tried to rest on her sweeper that she got, alas some very bored very annoyed daughter of hers was taking pictures trying to entertain herself.
 We were 12 feet away from the check out, with over 300+ people behind us. The idiots there at Walmart did not have lines it was chaos. Mass chaos. In fact I never saw any workers other than the ones at the check outs.  So our line had over 300+ people in it, and wrapped the length of the store and then back up again. We were to go thru ONE, yes ONE, check out line, as people back straight behind the check out lanes were going through the other ones. Again no official lines, no walmart workers. We stood 12 feet away from the check out for almost 2 hours. Pathetic. We were in horrible moods by the time we left.
We ran into my Uncle and his wife and let them in our line, cuz we rock like that, and he also had a cart, which we didn't have. So we piled our stuff on his cart and Grams and Susie laid on it. If I could have fit before I totally would have laid down. It was fun running into them though, gave us someone to talk to for 2 hours. All in all though it was horrible. Nightmare experience. If I had known that Walmart was basically going to have no plan and no employees I would have stayed home. It really ruined our Thanksgiving night. Epic Fail Rensselaer Walmart. EPIC FAIL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...