Skip to main content

Life Lately (According to my phone)

It's the dog days of January and nothing super exciting is going on in my world. I've had a sinus infection for about a week now, so I'm tired and run down. Here's a glimpse of what's been going on.

 This has been my uniform this month, leggings, a dress or tunic, and the most comfy, warmest boots known to mankind. Technically they are outside boots, but since I work from home I turned them into slippers. I wear these almost every day.
 When January hit and it started to get colder, the mess of students and siblings coats on the floor got to me. One weekend I decided I HAD to make a coat rack. So I took an old piece of wood, painted it the same color as my sofa table, and then put 3M hooks on it. I love how it turned out!
 And I might have already blogged about this, so if I did let's just pretend I didn't, ok?
 The view from my teaching chair.
 With having stitches forever and a day, washing and styling my hair was a chore. Several days I washed it the night before and put it in a bun to air dry without letting the curls free, then in the morning I got out the curling iron and attempted to curl some of it. I am really not skilled with a curling iron, but I enjoyed having a different look.
 It looked cuter in person :)
 One night a student had a blanket with her in her vehicle, and brought it inside to show me. I thought it was so neat! Her Grandma made it for her, she LOVES sheep!
 I switched out my decor to Valentine's day, and there are my trusty cozy boots again!
 My Truck needed fixed, so Dad came to town and took it home, and I borrowed my Mom's vehicle for several days. It was weird being in the passenger's side of my truck!
 It's easy for me to get dehydrated, especially when I am teaching long days, and/or sick. My goal for 2016 is to drink a  gallon of water every day.  I fill up my gallon jug each night before I go to bed, so I can track how much I drink everday.
 Dunkin Donuts opened in our town on Monday. I went there Tuesday :)  I don't think I had been to DD since I was a child, it did not disappoint!
I was really impressed with their Mocha Coolatas. I think that's what they are called? Their version of a Frauppucino. The medium size was the same size as a SB Venti, and several dollars CHEAPER! and in my opinion I thought they were better than SB! DD you have won me over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...