Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday!

Let's see if I actually finish and post this on the appropriate day! :)

I can't believe it's the end of January! To be honest, I keep thinking that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming soon. I'm a little confused on what time of year it is!

What I'm eating this week:

Well, Monday I had a frozen premade dinner from my Momma, Tuesday I got my FAVORITE Pizza ever on the way home from an event. Buck Creek Pizza, oh how I love thee! And Wednesday night Audra and Addie are coming over for Girls Nite and we are having Chicken Fajitas in the crock pot, and salads. Yum!!

What I'm reminiscing about:

I can barely spell that. Ha! I have been thinking about my birthday and remembering my Grams lately. She passed away two years ago the day after my birthday. Her birthday was the day before mine so we always celebrated together. Last year was the first without her and it was rough. This year, I am actually getting excited for my birthday! But I will still forever miss her this time of year.

What I'm loving:

I'm loving that it's the end of January and we have only had two snows. Three if you count the one that melted the same day. Both snows have only been a few inches and this snow hater really appreciates that!

What I've been up to:

Just teaching away over here! Combine that with having a Sinus Infection, I haven't been doing much more than that!

What I'm dreading:

Nothing at the moment. It's almost the weekend!!

What I'm working on:

I've been working hard on Crowdtap lately, as they upgraded their system and made it even easier to win giftcards. I'm super close to having enough to buy myself a fancy Porch/Patio Swing with a Canopy for my backyard. Totally excited about that!

What I'm Excited about:

The warm weather of Spring and sitting outside on said porch swing!

What I'm watching/reading:

I love nothing more than a good netflix/hulu binge. Since I'm single, live alone and work from home I am by myself a lot! Which I like, but sometimes you just need some voices in the background while you do things. I like to find a show that i can watch multiple seasons of, and watch episodes while i'm eating, or working on the computer ect. That being said right now I am working my way through 7'th Heaven. Yes, I know the scandal of the guy on it. I'm trying to ignore that and just enjoy a show i watched as a kid. A clean show!

What I'm listening to:

Right now it's just the heat running.

What I'm wearing:

I lost some layers, but today I wore leggings, a long camisole, a grey shirt, a light weight cream cardigan over that and topped it off with my cream, gray, pink scarf that Auds gave me for christmas. oh and my favorite slipper boots!

What I'm doing this weekend:

I'm really hoping that I will be sleeping in this weekend, and resting on the couch. As I said I've had a sinus infection, and haven't been getting much sleep. I'm exhausted and ready for some rest so I can kick this thing!

What I'm looking forward to next month:

My Birthday!! It's nice to be excited and looking forward to it again! Not to mention, my littlest Nephew turns 1!! crazy! As does my sweet Addie Jane! February is the best time to be born!

What else is new:


Not a whole lot. I really have nothing exciting to say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...