Skip to main content

27/52

 Sliding in on a little recap of last week.

On Monday I was feeling tired by mid afternoon and still had several students to go. So I had a cherry coke and revelled in the knowledge that I had the next two days off and could have caffeine in the middle of the afternoon and not have to worry about when I fell asleep! 

 I have ZERO pictures from the 4'th of July because I spent them in comfy clothes inside in the air conditioning! It was the first two consecutive days I have had off with no plans, nowhere to be, and no one to wait on to arrive at my home. And it. was. GLORIOUS.  My days are very scheduled, I keep one eye on the piano and one eye on the clock during each lesson, not to mention waiting on people to show up, and making sure they leave on time. So to not have to look at a clock or have to wait on anyone or go anywhere was wonderful! It surprises some people, but I really am an introvert. I will be chatty and friendly when I'm with people, but I really need quiet time alone to recharge. Maybe it's a sign of my old age, but two days off with no plans was amazing. 

Thursday I was back to teaching and sporting one more patriotic outfit and some straight hair!

 I had a moment of brilliance while teaching one of my beginner students, and made a "box" for their right hand to go at middle c. It made it so much easier for them to figure out where their hand went after moving it around. I have since laminated the "box" and used it on some other beginner students with success! WHOO HOO!

Friday I woke up and my back was killing me, But thankfully I had another free massage scheduled for that afternoon! My masseuse worked me over and I was in much better shape when I left.
 I went straight to the library with my post massage straight hair pulled back sloppily, to pick up some books on hold and turn in my first sheet for the summer reading program. 140 hours- DONE! Onward to my next goal! I have until the end of July and I'm really trying to crack 200 hours this year.
Sunday it was Team Two's Turn to work Guest Services, so I was up early sporting my ever so attractive orange shirt. Not pictured is the delicious life giving Dunkin Donuts Frozen Mocha Coffee that helped me to be an effective or at least an awake leader. Probably just the latter, but hey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...