Skip to main content

Book Review: Justice Betrayed by Patricia Bradley



Justice Betrayed pulled me in from the first chapter. This book is a continuation of her cold case series. 

This book focuses on Detective  Rachel Sloan that we met in the previous book. As well as Lt. Boone Callahan. They used to date, but broke up and now work together in the homicide division. Boone is determined to win Rachel back, and she is as determined as he is to NOT fall for him again. 

I think we all can see where this is headed.

But it was entertaining to be along for the ride!

As is the way for these books it goes between two mysteries, one in present day, and one in the past. The present day mystery is several Elvis TRIBUTE ARTISTS, Not impersonators mind you, are being murdered. The cold case mystery is Rachel's Mother whom was murdered several years ago. It delves into Rachel's feelings of what happened that night and the guilt that she has carried with her for years. Are these two mysteries connected? Well, You will just have to read the book to find out!

I really enjoyed this book. For me it was easier to get caught up in, than the previous book that focused on the girl that climbed buildings. I also like that they mention past book's characters, but you don't need to have read the entire series to pick up and enjoy any of the books. 

Once again another home run for Patricia Bradley!

Thanks to Revell for feeding my book addiction and giving me this book in exchange for my honest opinions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...