Skip to main content

33/52

 Last Monday was the first day of Fall Schedule for the studio. Despite the fact that I teach year round, I thought it was worthy of a photo op! I made most of my students pose with the sign, all week long, (for their first lessons of fall schedule.) Minus, the newbies and the teens that I knew would give me a big eye roll. ;)

 I think it was also Monday that I hung up my new little shelf box thingy on the wall. I started working on putting it up while my lawn mower boy was here. And while I don't have a huge lawn, it takes a little bit of time to mow it. That being said I thought I would still be trying to get that dumb thing on the wall when he left!! I got the brilliant idea to put it up with screws. So that involved having to charge up my power drill, and then having to put drill bits on to drill holes in the wall and  thru the box. It was a hot a mess. I am usually not too bad with my power drill. I don't know what my problem was that day but I was SWEATING by the time it FINALLY got on the wall. One screw was loose and I finally just added a nail in the center and called it good enough.
 Its been rather rainy and dreary around here lately, and I have gotten into the habit of lighting a candle and placing it on the sofa table at the end of my hallway. I really like it! It just makes it really cozy, and I leave it going through lessons, and then blow it out when I'm heading off to bed.  It's the little things in life!
 Wednesday was back to my crazy Wednesdays of teaching. 8 students in one day, with the final 5 all back to back. This year I got a little bit smarter and gave myself a break before the final 5 students where I had a mini meal. I was much happier teaching and wasn't "Hangry" by the time the final student left. But I was tired!!
And just like my crazy Weds schedule, My Thursday Tired Teacher Uniform started up again! Comfy new shoes from Kmart, (Another freebie courtesy of the Win It! App) Capri leggings and my newest Northview Church Shirt!

The rest of the week was somewhat uneventful until I randomly got sick in the middle of the night Saturday into Sunday. No Bueno.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...