Skip to main content

46/52

 This week was really busy! Which I feel like is going describe each week until I go on Christmas break. There is Recital prep galore, and prep for my own solo concerts. It's just a really busy time of year for me. #MusicianProblems 
 But! At least I get to enjoy the beauty of my trees and decorations! I have no idea why my phone makes the lights like this when it's dark outside and I take pictures of my tree, but it is really pretty! My students loved being able to decorate Miss Charity's tree. And while some of the branches have so many ornaments on them that the branch is hanging lower than it should be, it still looks great to me! And a piano mom gave me a great idea of how to get them to help UN Decorate the tree, which is what I really hate doing, so I'm excited to give it a try during the last week of lessons!
 It snowed a little bit on Thursday, but it iced a lot. My Bible study is Thursday mornings and I knew the weather was forecasted to not be great. But the times the weather people say it's going to snow and be terrible and I think ok, well church will probably get cancelled so I'll just not turn on my alarm. And then I get up and there is no snow. So I wasn't going to miss out on bible study and fall for their "the weather will be terrible" story once again. I got up at 6 am when my alarm went off, and looked outside and I could see a sheet of ice. And I thought, nope. Nope. Not going to bible study. So I went back to bed and attempted to sleep. That didn't happen. I finally got up and got ready for the day and texted my leader to let her know I wouldn't be there. And they were cancelling bible study right at that moment. So I was excited I wouldn't miss anything!

I have to say I really didn't know what to do with myself with all the time I had on my hands. My Thursday schedule is not sitting at home in the morning, so it was weird!

The roads finally melted and cleared off just in time for me to head out to my chiropractor apt.
This picture could be entitled the calm before the storm.

Or me,  before I got violently ill.

I needed to go grocery shopping but hadn't, so I picked up some food at Taco Bell.

I had some soft tacos for dinner, thankfully after I was done teaching, and within a short matter of time I went from feeling fine and good to NOT.

Food Poisoning.

And so went Thursday 10:00 pm to Friday 3:00 am when it finally completely exited my system. 

It was bad.

I kept wondering when it was going to be over and when my stomach would quit hurting so bad, and it just kept happening.

Ugh. #SoftTacosOfDeath

Also, let me just say that laying on your bathroom floor because you're so sick is not the ideal thing to do mere hours after getting your back and neck adjusted at the chiropractor.

Thankfully after resting, HYDRATING, and having crackers on Friday, and getting a solid 12 hours of sleep Friday night, I woke up Saturday back to my normal self. Which is a huge blessing. I live with a chronic illness that affects my digestive system. So when I get sick it can be really hard for my body to bounce back and go back to working properly. So I was very grateful that the sick part was just the food fighting it's way out of my body. 

I have no pictures of this, But Saturday I was actually feeling so good that I put makeup on and went out into the world! What?!! I try really hard to have Saturday be my day of rest since Sunday is full of church and then cleaning and prepping for the week. but I was ready to do something and there was a homeschool craft show happening saturday that I usually go to every year. So I went out to that and then ran some errands and did a little shopping. 


Sunday was church, and errands and cleaning. I had one of those mornings where I thought I had all the time in the world and then was almost late to church. So no pictures from Sunday either!

And that was week 46 and I'm finally caught up!! WOOT WOOT!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea