Skip to main content

The Bible Recap Day 46 Leviticus 8- 10 (Year Three Podcast)





Happy Tuesday Friends! And welcome back to Leviticus! Today we are in Chapters 8-10 and things liven up a bit, so let's dive right in.

We start off with the differences between Anointing, Consecrating and Ordination, all three of which are happening in the Tabernacle as they get ready for their first weekend service :) I thought it was neat to know that all this happened about one week after they finished building the Tabernacle. They wasted no time meeting with God! 

After being enslaved in Egpyt and then in the wilderness, for I believe one year at this point, I bet they were beyond excited to have their own place to worship God. Can you imagine not being able to do that and finally you're able to again?

It reminds me a bit of when the Covid-19 Pandemic began, and then kept going. Our church was closed for months which I wholeheartedly agreed with. We learned how to do church online. And then church opened back up, but thanks to me being immunocompromised I wasn't able to go back in person to church for several more months. I can remember how I was literally counting down the days until I could be back in person at church. How excited I was when I pulled up and surprised people. The shocked look on Pastor Jon's face as he ran to hug me. Just typing it is making me tear up! That was after just one year and a few months of not being able to worship in person. Imagine the JOY the Israelites felt in that moment!

I feel like I could end this right there but lets keep going.

9:6 Has Moses telling them Look, God did this and this and this all so he could be close to you! Again, I'm grateful for the pod because I don't know that I would have put together that this was The Lord being proud and excited of how he made a place for them to meet with him and be close to him. But it's such a sweet think to think about and try to imagine. I picture myself when I get someone a present that I think they will like and how excited I am to give it to them. The Tabernacle was a present for them to be in God's presence!


9:23-24- Where the fire from The Lord came down and consumed the burnt offerings and fat portions on the altar. Wowzers. Literally Wowzers. I think I probably would have seen Jesus face to face right then because I might have died from a heart attack. Just reading it gave me the eyes bugged out emoji face. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE???!!!

The people shouting and falling face down was not them passing out, but them Praising the Lord.  Praise is always the proper response to any of God's actions.  My go to song right now is Praise by Elevation Worship "As long as I'm breathing, I have a reason to Praiiiiiissseeeee The Lord".

Amen and Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...