Skip to main content

Book Review: Gathering Storms by Lex Martin

 



If I had to rank all of my favorite tropes in books it would be Marriage of Convenience (even though it took me three times to get that word close enough for spell checker to correct it) and Surprise Baby and what do you know this book HAD BOTH OF THEM!!

Cue a *VERY* Happy me!!

Jace and Rory were an absolute delight! I didn't expect Jace to be such a loveable, golden retriever type of a guy, especially with his Rock Star role, but he was all that are more!

And Rory, Rory is all of us! As a nerd, I completely identified with her character! I loved that she gave him sass and didn't fall drooling at his feet when she met him. She made him WORK FOR IT and work for it he did!!!!

Cue me Swooning multiple times in this book. 

I will be reading this book again because I read it in between surgeries when I was feeling miserable. I still absolutely loved it and gobbled it up as fast as my puny body would let me. But I'm going to have to read it a second time so I can soak in the romance!

And the mystery!! I almost forgot about that! Listen, I pride myself on figuring out who the bad guy is in books. My nickname isn't Nancy Drew for nothing. But sorry Nancy Drew, I let you down this time because the bad guy COMPLETELY SHOCKED ME. LITERALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING! My flabbers were 10000% gasted in the best possible way!

There was only one time in this book when I wanted to slap Jace and tell him to get himself together and get his woman, but thankfully he got with the program.  (Third act breakups are my least favorite thing ever)

Absolutely loved this book and the not one but TWO bonus Epilogues that Lex wrote! I can't wait for the next book in the series and to find out what the mysterious other brother has been up to!!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...