Skip to main content

New Years!!



Ok so I'm a few days behind on my New Years Eve happenings, but oh well!!!




This year I actually had PLANS for NYE! Shocking, yes I know! I spent it with my dear friend Katie and her family. (well we got rid of her hubby at 9:30 when he had to work and the kids went to bed then as well)




Katie and Robert made an amazing dinner of enchilladas and fajhitas.. oh heavens were those fajhitas GOOD!! (and now looking at that I think i'm mispelling it, but i really don't care!!)




After dinner we did something I have never done before. Thats right, we played video games! Its hard to believe but in my 26 almost 27 years of life I have NEVER played a video game. It was great fun, even though I lost and lost and lost some more. Getting beat by a 4 yr old.. Rather hard on the ego!!




I ended up staying at Katie's untill after 2 am, its amazing how Starbucks and Two Mt Dews can keep you going for awhile!! :) We had tons of fun though and it was nice just to do something low key and get in girl time.




After I woke up the next afternoon:) I headed to my parents house where I stayed untill Sunday afternoon.




I managed to get a lovely cold Saturday and by today it has turned into a Sinus Infection and Double ear infections in both ears. I went to work yesterday and almost passed out. TWICE. the First time Sara caught me as I was going down and shoved my head between my legs. It was really scary. I thought I was ok but then it happened again and they had someone drive me home. So I couldn't go to the dr yesterday with no vehicle.. My boss picked me up today and after asking how I was we decided I should head to urgent care once I got my truck. She told me that I needed to get some medicine and rest and I was to go home. What an awesome boss is that??! Its nice to have someone who actually cares about my well being. So I have been resting but I have such a sore throat its not even funny. Hard to sleep. Hoping the meds kick in soon. I am soooo ready to go back to work!!






JESUS IS COOL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...