Skip to main content

A Life Changing Evening...

My heart is very full right now. I just got back from Baby Whipple's Benefit Concert and its hard to put into words what is going on in my heart and mind right now.

This story is the best I can describe it.

When I was 17 and a senior in HS, I was heading to work in town one winter morning. It had rained alot overnight but was warmer early in the morning when I was driving so I thought the roads were fine.

I was running a bit late, and got stuck behind a van going aout 30 mph on a 55 road. After following them for alittle while, I got very impatient and decided to pass. I sped up to over 60 and passed them. As I turned my wheel to merge back into the lane, I hit a patch of ice and the whole vehicle started doing a 360 degree turn. IT turned several times, and I could see the look of horror on the faces of the people behind me as i turned.

Finally I quit spinning and my vehicle headed for the bean field. I was relieved for a second, untill I looked and realized I was headed straight for an electric pole, head on. I screamed to the Lord for help, and I watched in shock, as my vehicle went just a tiny bit to the right, away from the pole.

I landed in the bean field, and plowed it up turning several times. Finally my vehicle stopped and I was sitting in the field, looking at the pole from the opposite side as before. As I sat there crying, holding tightly to my wheel, I remember crying out my thanks to the Lord for saving me and asking "why God why? why did you save me?" It was like a little voice said to me "i'm not done with you yet.. I have something I want you to do.."

As the nine years have passed since then, I have forgotten about what that voice told me. I have lived my life, basically just for me especially the past few years. Yes I have walked with the Lord, but I have lost track of Glorifying him in everything I do, and looking for ways to serve him.

Tonight, at the concert, that voice spoke to me again. Its been in my heart for some time now that I would like to adopt once I get married and that was only solidifed tonight. But I can't help but feel there is something else God has for me to do. I feel that he wants me to make a difference in someone (s) life. I don't know who, I don't know where, when, why or how. But I do know that I will do whatever he calls me to. I have ignored that voice for too long and pushed it aside. Now that voice is all I pray and hope for.

Jesus Is INDEED COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea