Skip to main content

GREAT is He!!

Its amazing sometimes to see what people around you are like. Today I got in trouble, IN TROUBLE for planning a surprise birthday party-a carry in- for our co worker Angie. She always brings in a cake and goodies for everyones birthday and tries to make them feel special without asking or wanting anthing in return. I thought that it was about time we showed her how much we appreciated her and her kindness and did something nice for her. People were excited about it even! And then today I get an email from my boss saying that having birthday events for people leave others out. I didn't quite get it, especially the more I thought about it. But being employed, and wanting to STAY employed (at least untill I find another job) I kept my mouth shut and said of course, and agreed with my boss. Our HR person did not agree and apparently is sending off a firey email to our boss. Gee I can't wait to go into work in the morning!

I was going to blog about how much the sermon touched my heart on Sunday morning. But i think with that above paragraph I pretty much killed all of that!

Seriously though, I was so happy to go to church on Sunday, not be sick, felt great. And we sang one of my favorite songs, which has been stuck in my head for days now. Great is he, he's the king of kings.. Even though I'm a Soprano, I like the alto's words better:) But I digress. The sermon series we're doing is about Faith and we are in Genesis. Gen 16 this past week to be exact. Pastor Whips was telling the story of Sarai and Abram and he told it from a stand point that I had never heard or even thought of before. He had three points to his sermon about how each person wasn't having faith and what they were doing, and doggone it if I wasn't doing EVERY SINGLE POINT!! When he started talking about the first point, scheming.. i thought ohh no.. this is me.. and then he got to passivity.. and i thought wait.. i do that to! and then he got to running and i was like whooao boy i am the captain of the running squad! needless to say the sermon definately got my attention. I have been praying and trying to put the faith into action and not doing those three things and wouldn't you know it. Yesterday and Today have been the best days at work in a very long time. God's pretty awesome. Especially when you pay attention to what he's trying to tell you!!!!!

I did have a wonderful weekend with church and on Saturday I got my new couch! (my parents old couch which i lOVE!!!) it is sooo comfy and looks good in my living room and best of all it reminds me of home! its really comforting to come home to that everyday. I like having used and passed down furnature because it always reminds me of the person who had it before me.

Speaking of my parents, Mom and Grams will be showing up soon. Today was Grams every 3 mos cancer check up in Indy. Her CA125 levels are still at the remission level, so unless something has popped up, Praise God, she is ok. Now we can breathe, untill 3 mos goes by and she goes back.

I am putting my family to work rearranging my bedroom. We are going to move my bed closer to the closet and away from the window so I hopefully won't hear everyone's car doors so much

one hour later

Well we got everything moved!! Thanks to Edge's generosity I still have a rubbermaid container and a large laundry basket filled with clothes that won't fit in my dresser or closet. Mom is probably going to bring my brothers old armoir to my apt next week so I can use that. I'm hoping to clean out my tiny dresser and move those clothes into the armoir. But who knows! On the happy end though, my rocking chair is now in the corner by my window and my entertainment center and my new bedroom tv( I've never had one before!!!) is angled where I can see it from the chair and from my bed. ROCK ON!! So I'm pretty excited. I'm in the furnature moving mood this week apparently. I moved stuff around on Saturday when I got my new couch.

Well I had better get with it. I still can't see my bed!!

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea