Skip to main content

Two more days of agony....

I am in the final week of employment at the temple of doom, and it has been MUCH harder than I anticipated. Currently, only Angie and HR are speaking to me. Everyone else ignores me, or is very snippy if they need something. I came home from work today and the urge to sit down and cry was overwhelming. Actually i had that feeling at work all day today. But I fought it and instead emailed my Mom and ran my sweeper in anticipation of my dinner guest tomorrow night. (more about that later!) As always my Mom knew exactly the right thing to say and everything she said was so smart. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be as smart as her, or anywhere near such a great mother that she is. I'm 26 years old and I swear every year I feel more and more stupid rather than more intelligent and insightful! Good thing I don't have kids yet or my Mom might have to move in and bring her knowledge and intelligence with her, because I am NOWHERE near her level! SO yeah, work is really hard right now, but it is just God showing me that I made the right choice by finding another job, and I am confident that my new job will be much better than this one. How I found and got the job was completely God's doing, I can see his hand in this and I am just along for the ride. So I am excited.

I am having my old co worker Jacquie over for dinner tomorrow night. We worked together at the seed place I temped at for 3 months after college. She just turned in her notice as well and is starting a new job so it will be really nice to catch up with her and see what is happening in her life. And yes, in case you wondered, I am actually cooking. I know. Its prety shocking. I am making a SUPER EASY receipe I found in people magazine :) where else right?! I made it for Lisa's family when I had them over and they loved it so I'm making it for Jacquie too. Its a mexican dish and she loves mexican and I hardly know how to cook anything decently, so that sealed the deal!

Saturday I am going to my friend from Highschool's (we were in the same youth group) Baby shower! Tabitha is having a little girl in October!! After seeing her grow up and being at her and rusty's wedding 6 years ago!! I am excited to see them take the next step in their lives together! And Tabitha will be a great and FUN Mom!! SO I am very much looking forward to seeing her!

Hopefully I will be well enough to attend church this week. Stress from work has taken a huge toll on my body and I have not been well almost every weekend the past month. It stinks royally. I know thats what is causing my problems, I take everything to heart and it affects me. But I'm praying I can feel fine this weekend and go back to church. I miss it!!!!

And then Monday starts my new fabulous job at Purdue!! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I can't wait to learn the ropes and dig into everything. I will be planning over six big events for the school i'm working for, and the first one is in Sept! SO CLOSE!! So I am excited to start planning that and everything that entails. And I am definately praying that there is a parking garage within a 5 mile radius of my building. Otherwise I'm pulling a Lance Armstrong and biking it to work everyday, right up to my building! Its only 5 mins away! Actually I could probaly WALK from my apt quicker than parking on campus. Oh well.. Maybe I'll finally get skinny again?? AHAHHAHAHA *deep breath* AHAHAHAHAHHA

yeah right!!


JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea