Skip to main content

peace love and chick flicks

I totally had something very scintillating to blog about and just completely forgot it. I've been having that problem lately, forgetting things. I will be attempting to write something and i cannot for the life of me think of a word! Today I forgot the word "crocs" while i was trying to leave a facebook message for one of my friends. It took me a good three minutes to remember the word. And the sad thing is this has happened to me all week long! I am beginning to wonder if I have early onset allzheimers or something. My grandma calls that young-heimers.

Tonight I watched what could possibly be my new favorite movie. Made of Honor. I absolutely LOVED it!! and not just because patrick dempsey was in it, although that was a big draw! I managed to get it for 12 bucks at Walmart, it was on sale for its first week out and i had a 3 dollar coupon! So I got it for 8 bucks off the regular price! I was pretty stoked about that. I'm nowhere near as good as armadillo and catherine about getting great deals but i am trying!! Anyways I comeplely LOVED the movie!!! I really enjoyed the friendship that the two characters had. It was beautiful. I want that!!

I'm glad its the weekend, I have been buring the midnight hours this week. I don't know why but everynight when I try to head to bed at 10 to give myself 8 hours of sleep. I go to bed and am still like almost hyper and can't sleep. Its taken its toll on me and i am TIRED! Hopefully I can catch up on all my sleep tomorrow. I have to work after church on Sunday. Its our scholarship reception, held at the Union. Yeah, fancy!! I will be in charge of it next year, so I need to go this year to see how it is all set up and how it works. I'm actually looking forward to it! The Students will be there along with their parents and they will all be super happy from getting money so it should be great!

I was on the front desk at work this week and loved it. I am finally remembering people and names of our students that come in frequently. Two of our Ambassadors came in on Thursday and hung around and talked to me for like 20 mins! That was pretty cool. I love our students. All of them (minus one) that I have been in contact with have been nothing but nice and respectful and just nice!!! I think its true, that no matter what the problem is, or if you can solve it, when you just genuinely try to help people with their problem, they appreciate it and treat you nicely. At least thats what i've encountered. So I"m really enjoying it.

I did not however enjoy the 8 hour training session i had on Cognos Query. Wow. now that was some boring stuff!!!!! It wasn't really hard, (unless you count where she went off on a tanget about programming!) it was basically a program thats excel and access combined. Having taken classes in both in college, and worked in both, I caught on really fast. I think thats why I was so bored. She went so slow and dumbed it up for everyone I was about to fall asleep.

Nothing really exciting happened this week. I've been exercising. I know, Shock right?! I finally got on the scale the other night and almost had a heartattack. Its one thing to buy bigger clothes and see yourself in the mirror and KNOW you're overweigh. But boy howdy, seeing the numbers on the scale was like WHOA!!!!! Its made resisting the ice cream in my freezer pretty easy. Its been in there a whole week and i haven't even opened it! I'm rather proud of myself!

Oh I have to tell you about my absolute FAVORITE new website!! its called thepioneerwoman.com and its just the greatest thing ever! She blogs daily, is writing the story of how her and her rancher husband met and fell in love, she homeschools and has an entire section devoted to that, she is an amazing cook and has a section devoted to that along with photography, and home and garden. seriously she's like a wonder woman. i have allready printed off 3 of her receipes to make and that says alot seeing as my idea of cooking is making mac and cheese.. so check it out and don't say i didn't warn you when you get so addicted you are reading her blogs from last year!!!!

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea