Skip to main content

I love my awful beautiful life!!

Well I was sitting here trying to think of something super exciting to talk about. And I'm still thinking. 45 mins later...

Not many exciting things have been going on in the life of Cherryber... I'm continuing to work every 5 days a week and and looking into joining the co-rec at Purdue next semester and joining some pilates classes.

Its gotten extremely cold here in Indiana, yesterday morning it was in the 20's as I was walking to work. I cannot STAND the cold, and with the time changing its getting dark when I'm leaving work every evening. It makes me want to go home, curl up in a ball and sleep!! My days of staying up past 10 pm on weeknights are gone untill next summer I believe.

Even though it is mind numbingly cold outside I am embracing winter. With it comes two of my favorite holidays, thanksgiving and Christmas!! Both will be spent on my parents farm with my parents, bro and sil. I am very much looking forward to both!!

Kim will not be joining us for Christmas, instead she will be coming for my 27'th Birthday on Feb 27!!! :) I am excited about that. It stretches out the fun and we have spent almost every birthday together for the past 6 years so its kind of our tradition!

I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is three weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait to go home (I haven't been home since Labor Day!) And sleep in past 6:30 for FOUR STRAIGHT DAYS!! not to mention my mom's home cooking and their cozy, warm fire burning stove!!

Next week is my 90 days here at Purdue. I have yet to hear when my review will be, my boss said she has heard only positive things about me so that is pretty awesome! I am hoping for a raise. When I started they said they had to start me out at a certain point since thats what everyone else starts out as but they could give me a raise at my 90 day. So I am praying thats what happens. Having alittle extra income has been nice and even a dollar more would make a huge difference!!

What I really love is my Flexible Spending account. I can get all the money back that I spend on medicine, dr visits even contact solution! They have a really fast turn around too which is nice.

Needless to say Purdue's insurance is stinking awesome!!!!!!! I love it!! What I don't love is having to find another dentist because mine isn't covered under stupid Delta Dental. Dental insurance is an additive and we just have that so it kind of stinks.

I'm pretty sure this is the most boring blog post ever. Sorry. Hopefully this weekend I will do something fun and fabulous to write about..

Untill then!!

JESUS IS COOL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...