Skip to main content

Slow Fade...

Can I just say how excited I am that it is almost Thanksgiving? I am so in need of rest its not even funny!

This has been a very busy week for me and sadly I have two more days of busyness. As soon as I get home from church on Sunday I am laying down on my couch and not moving for hours!!

Last night I did not leave work untill after 7 pm.. We had our Fall Honors Reception and I was in charge of the whole event, so of course I was a nervous wreck! and then some! Thankfully it went quite well, despite what shall now be known as the "Pizza Malfunction" I ordered WAY too many pizzas for the event. Needless to say, every student went home with a Pizza, a class got 4 pizzas and the Bike Club also got pizzas. And yes, I also got two. Anyone wants to guess what I had for lunch today? :)

Yesterday at work we got new computers. FINALLY! The back desk has one monitor, and the front desk has double monitors, which is taking some getting used to. I've only been at the front desk to cover Sara for lunch, since this is my off week, so I will have to adjust to them next week. We now have Microsoft 2007, which has been, shall we say, DIFFICULT to get used to! Especially after we have had 03 at every job I've had.

It seriously took me 5 minutes yesterday to find out how to Print in Word. And I'm Word 03 Certified. *shakes head* I think I need to take a class. Don't even get me started on using Excel!!! The good part of getting new computers was that hot It guy, HIG, was in our office for over an hour yesterday and I got to spend that time with him, since i kept having to log on both systems muliple tiems for him to get all of my stuff set up. So that was nice. I have no clue why the man doesn't LIKE me. I think I'm downright hilarious and he even laughs at my jokes when I'm talking to him or my co workers, and he will join in on conversations. Clearly there is something wrong with him because I'm stinking fabulous!!

And I know i'm fabulous because I was able to crack the tough shell of the Head of the Cafe here.. I am now known as "Charity, ol Buddy" he even gave me cookies today after our planning meeting for the Commencement Reception. Yeah I'm in charge of that too! And the President will be there, so yeah. its a month from today and I am allready thinking about freaking out. Thankfully there will be plenty of staff on hand from the Cafe if something goes wrong, it should be easily fixed. Now all we have to do is pray that there is not a massive snowstorm. (apparently thats what happened last year..)

It seems like I have worked at Purdue forever, but just this week was my 90 days! My review is being worked on and I will get it after Thanksgiving and be able to read it and then meet with my boss. I am hoping and praying for a raise. I do make more here than my old job, which is good, but I could use a raise. When they hired me they made it clear that was a good possibility at my 90 days so I am praying. I'm rather nervous about it but Caca has done alot to help my fears. At my old job if you were in your bosses office it was never anything positive. I left her office many times crying and feeling like a complete and total failure and wondering why they hired me and kept me there if i was so inept. So I am slightly afraid of that given thats the only experience I have had. But my boss here is so nice, she is always praising us for what we've done. So i'm praying its positive.

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea