Skip to main content

Weekend Wrap-Up

The glorious 3 day weekend is drawing to a close and it has been wonderful!!

Shockingly I took NO pictures all weekend. I know, crazy right? I spent Friday night-Sunday night at home at the farm with my parents. It was wonderful. I think my favorite part is just hanging on Friday night with my family and letting the stress and everything of the week just fade away. Spending time with people that love me, its just great!!

Saturday I did get to feed the calves dinner. I wanted to get a picture of that but feeding calves is a two handed process. You wouldn't imagine that such a tiny baby calve would be that powerful but man alive they have some serious suck action going on when they are downing those bottles!! Seriously cute too! Poor things are kind of a mess, they end up with strings of milk on their cute little faces. I got to love on Moose for a bit but he was more interested in eating my sweatshirt than cuddling with me. I love baby calves they are just SO CUTE!! And their cute little pink speckly moist noses, I die. I seriously die. they are precious!!

Sunday I was visited by a bad headache and upset stomach so I missed out on church and Sunday dinner :( I hung around on the couch all afternoon and finally decided I would head back to my apt a day early so I could just relax and chill on Monday instead of having to pack up and drive back and unpack and clean ect.

GREAT IDEA!! I got back in town a little before 7 last night and cleaned and putzed around and slept with the windows open and had beautiful silence!! And a wonderful breeze! I got to sleep in this morning, putzed around and cleaned some more, took a fabulous 3 hour nap!!!! And I have ended the day with reading my friend Erynn Mangum's book "Cool Beans" super excited to crack into the sequel "Latte Daze" tomorrow!!

So it has been a great weekend! I haven't had a day off since the 4'th so it was really nice to just chill and putz around and do whatever I felt like!!

The Month of September should be re-named to Fun-tember because I have so many fun things going on!!

This week I will have my final Ladies who Lunch with Emboz and the bump before she gives birth in a few short weeks!! Ladies Bible Study kicks off Weds night!!! I don't think I've blogged about this but I'm the new Hospitality Director for our bible study so I will be busy with that job as well! Super excited!! My bro and SIL get into town Weds for a whole WEEK!!!!!!! So Thursday Liz and I are having lunch together and then hanging out that night. Friday I'm hitching a ride with them and heading home to the Farm again for a family weekend! I think it will be the last time we're all together at the farm until The Project arrives so this will be special!!

Next Week Katie, Joey, Muy Caliente and I are going to see Casting Crowns perform at Elliot. I haven't been to a concert in YEARS! SO thats going to be awesome fun!!

And the week after that....... NORTH CAROLINA HERE I COME!! I"m leaving to visit my Caca on Sept 23!!!!!

September, I"m so happy to see you!! Let the fun begin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea