Skip to main content

April's Goodbye Paaarrrtttaaaayyy!

Thursday night we headed out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Apes as she got ready to start her new life in Illinois!! Here she is with Holly perusing their menu's!
Audra and I! Dates!!!!! Doesn't she look angelic here? I would just like to point out the glass of COKE in front of me. It is NOT a good idea to have three of those from 6-8 pm when you want to sleep at all that night. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Needless to say my friday night is being spent on my couch. I am exhausted!
So we had several surprises for Apes that we have been plotting and scheming for over a month now. She has been excited to decorate her new place and really wanted a pretty and inviting bathroom that she could get ready in and be relaxed and enjoy herself. So we took it upon ourselves to get her some decorations! Sheryl was the great shopper and got some beautiful things!

We knew what we wanted to get but weren't sure how to surprise her! Sheryl gave the vase of flowers to our server before Apes arrived and she hid it and brought it out at Sheryl's eyebrow signal. That is what you're seeing here. Apes was totally surprised and shocked! And best of all she completely loved it!
My meal. Because I always take pictures of my food! My Sirloin beef tips with mushrooms and onions and mashed potatoes. And one of the 6897089798 rolls that I inhaled that night.
Apes thought the surprises were done after the flowers but she was wrong!!! Sheryl had planned to excuse herself to go to the restroom after dinner and instead go out to her car and get the wrapped gifts. one small problem. Our table was right by the restroom! So we had to improvise and pretend that she had forgotten her wallet in her car. I have to say we pulled that one off so smoothly. Sheryl and I are sneaky!!

Apes LOVES these things! Everytime she gets a gift with them on it she goes crazy!!
The first card we gave her, with all of our faces on the back!
Apes opening up the gifts and finding more awesome matching pretties for her bathroom!!
Audra was getting kind of tired by the end, bless her heart. You can also see the beautiful flowers in the background!
Holly! We love our Holly! Wish she wasn't leaving us too!
hahahah Apes face here just kills me!! Sheryl has mad love for tape and taped the life out of the second box!! She had to assist in the opening.
Apes reading the second card we got her, the sentimental one that darn near made me cry when I was reading it before I wrote my message!!
The fab Five!!!!! We had so much fun and it was great to celebrate Apes and have a relaxing time out of the office!
I'm telling you, she loves those things!!!!
A last picture outside the tree. I really need some taller friends. Seriously.
We're both struggling here but such is life!!
I snapped this precious moment as they said goodbye. It's amazing how God brings people in your lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea