Skip to main content

Surgery- the first two days..

Bless my heart it's been a rough couple of days.

Wednesday morning was my surgery. We got to the surgery center bright and early at 8:15 for a 9 am surgery but thanks to the surgeries before me which were more complicated than expected it was after 10:15 by the time I went into the operating room. Which of course only made me more anxious. Had I known how I would feel afterwards I would have put it off even more!!

Got to the operating room and the poor drug guy had major issues getting an IV in. He tried three times without luck, thankfully it didn't hurt that badly, but he ended up gassing me to put me to sleep so he could get an IV in after that. I am glad I wasn't awake for that part because try #4 is a HUGE bruise on my arm. He finally got one in on the 5'th time and its only a small bruise. He was very very nice though and actually listened to me when I told him my vein issues. I was very thankful for that as most people don't. And the nurse I had was really nice as well, she was petting my hair and being very sweet to me as he was trying to get the IV in. That helps alot I have to say.

I woke up in recovery and had a harder time waking up than I usually do. All I wanted to do was sleep. I kept opening my eyes but I couldn't get them to stay open and I couldn't really focus on anything, they just kept darting around and that was annoying me so I just closed them. I do remember telling the recovery nurse the pain wasn't as bad as I expected. HA. If only I had known what was coming! I did feel a tiny bit queasy and have learned my lesson and told her right away and she was able to give me some zofran and make it go away. Again very thankful for the wonderful nurses I had at this place that listened to me and were really on top of things!!

Finally I got off my bed and was wheeled in my rocker to the 2'nd phase of recovery where I finally got to see my Momma. Really from there all I remember is just trying to wake up and get my eyes to stay open because at that point i just wanted to go home. They gave me two pain pills before I left and then took me into the bathroom and left me alone there to change. that was not to good but by the grace of God I didn't pass out in there. I did come out feeling very queasy and that continued for quite some time.

We had to stop on the way home and get my pain pills which the nurse had called in hours before but the doggone pharmacy hadn't filled them yet! So it was over 20 mins waiting on them. I was alone in the truck and Mom kept running in and out of the store to check on me.

Finally we got the meds and headed home and mercy, by that point I was in horrific pain. I kept thinking that the pain would surely go away soon as I had taken the pain meds before I left but nothing. I was writhing in my seat. I don't remember the last time I was in such a horrible amount of pain. And like I had feared, head pain, is definitely worse!. It was horrible. I couldn't think of anything but my pain as my head and teeth were throbbing. Really everything from my forehead down to my chin hurt. It was insane. I kept trying to distract myself by thinking of my sweet nephew Benjamin and all the cute and adorable things he did the past weekend. It wasn't enough but it did help a tiny bit. Of course then I was sure that I'd never see him again because with the amount of pain I was in I surely had to be dying!

Finally we got home and I had 2 more hours untill I could take my pain meds. I watched the clock like a hawk. Took my next dose FINALLY and again it was like I had taken nothing. Needless to say it was a long and painful night. Finally after 1 am I did get some sleep but It was only about an hour every 2-3 hours. They had pumped alot of fluids into me so I had to pee the entire night which was annoying. I was worried I was keeping my parents up but thankfully they didn't hear anything. ( I slept on the couch by their bedroom) So it was a long and painful night.

Dad has to get up at 5:30 for work everyday and since he's still on crutches and no weight baring, mom has to get up with him and get his coffee and cereal, ect. I was up before they were. I think they were a tad surprised to see me awake that early.

Dad left for work and I took another pain pill and finally after 6:30 am I got to sleep and slept for about 2 1/2 hours. That was the most sleep I had gotten since Tuesday night and it was really nice.

The rest of Thursday is a blur, I did take another nap, not as long and that was good. I was still in a good amount of pain.

Thursday afternoon I got the brilliant idea to take a shower. Which I had Dad's shower chair in since I still felt pretty weak. yeah. I passed out in the shower. Luckily I could tell I was going to, and quickly got out and fell/laid down on the bathroom floor. That was not such a good time. I don't know why I didn't expect that because I do it almost every time I"m really sick or have surgery. Thought I could handle it but it was just too much. So I had a nice little rest time on the bathroom floor, and then finally came in and Mom got me set up on the couch and helped me get situated.

So that's the first two days, now I"m going to attempt shower #2 as I feel nasty. Let's pray for no passing out! I don't feel woozy, just very tired.

Stay tuned for the rest of my surgery story! I know its a scintillating read! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea