Skip to main content

Jesus Hugs

In all honesty this semester has been a very hard and trying one for me. The month of October was particularly rough. I was hoping November would calm down a bit but it started off with a bang of a migraine.

I can usually keep a good attitude of life, even when dealing with my health, but the constant sickness since August has really beat me down. With so many things to worry about it can get overwhelming and sometimes I wonder when it will all stop and slow down.

I've been really trying to lean on God through this time, as he is the only one who can get me through it. Having chronic sickness can be very isolating, especially when you're single. It kind of strips you of everything and puts your total reliance on The Lord.

I've been trying to memorize some scripture and read my Bible more to get some inspiration. When I was on fb someone had this as their status and it has become one of my new favorite verses. (in all honesty I get a new favorite verse almost everyday, there are just so many good ones!!)

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13


I like to think of verses like this as Jesus Hugs. Bear with me... When I read scripture such as this I feel comforted and I just kind of think of it as a Hug from the Lord telling me it's going to be ok because he is with me all the time and he's got this. I trust in him, and he is the Creator of all, there is nothing he cannot do! Better yet, he loves me with an everlasting love. Who can I fear with Jesus on my side?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...