Skip to main content

Adventures with Audie!

Tuesday night Audie and I had a girls nite after I finished teaching my Piano Lessons. I met her at her house to go over what I need to know to take care of Mr. Cubbie James this weekend. We headed out to Purdue's Dining halls to have dinner! That was a fun experience. I have never eaten at a dining hall other than PCC's so I was interested to see how it differed. For one thing the trays were much nicer and there was no swirly carpet that makes you dizzy just by looking at it.

Before we went I had cautioned Audie that I was going to take pictures and document our fun for the blog. She said that was ok but asked me to be discrete. So I humored her and left my purse and camera at her house. I really wished I had it with me, as the table that was right next to us had a young fellow wearing a BRIGHT RED COWBOY HAT, a kerchief across his throat, a plaid red shirt, wranglers, and boots. I looked at Audra and said all I'm going to say is look at the table next to us. And you asked ME to be discrete??????!!!! She got a good laugh out of that and I learned my lesson to always have my camera with me at all times!!

After the dining hall dinner we headed back to Audie's house and decided that since my friend Bergs lives in her subdivision that we would go Stalk her. At this point I would like to insert that this was totally Audra's idea. So we pulled in and went up the street she lived on looking for her house. I wasn't sure which house number she was but I remembered that to the right of the front door were windows to their playroom/piano room. So we set off looking for a house with right side windows, going 5 mph so we were sure to get a good look at each house.

Soon we came upon a house that had a right side window and I realized their garage was open and much to my excitement I saw Mikel, Bergs husband! At that point I decided I was going to wave the biggest, cheesiest, beauty queen on crack smile and wave as we sloooowwwwllyyyy cruised by. So I did. While I was performing my wave I shriek with excitement to see Bergs on the other side of their vehicle, and if at all possible my wave and grin got even bigger. 

The most amusing part of this whole tale is that neither of them had a clue it was me, apparently they have alot of crazed lunatics around their neighborhood? but they both very politely, and with a bit of trepidation on their faces, waved back. This was mightily hilarious to Audra and I. We got about two houses down when she finally gasped out, I don't think they recognized you. Want to turn around and do it again? Heck yes I said! So we pulled a U turn in the road and cruised on back for more beauty queen lunatic waving.

At this point Bergs had come out of the garage to look at us, probably getting our license number to report us to the police, and this time was close enough to recognize her crazy, and slightly creepy and insane friend. We had a nice little chat and giggle and I got to see Miss Clella Mae in person for the first time! She is SUCH a cute little bunny! I am cuddling with her Friday night so stay tuned for lots of Clella pics!

It was such a nice treat to see Bergs and her family! It just capped off the evening very nicely!  After we left them Audie asked me if we wanted to stalk my other friend, Karen, but we decided one was enough for the night. You have to save your skills.

The Moral of this story would be, don't let Audra and I know where you live. We may roll by your house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea