Skip to main content

#Choosejoy #JoyGivers365 Week 2

Y'all! I have something super super exciting to share for Week 2!! of our #ChooseJoy #JoyGivers365

Last week our Pastor sent out an email that we wouldn't want to miss Sunday services, that something was going to be done that has rarely, if ever happened in church! Well my curiosity was piqued! I shared it with my friend Audra who attends a different church, and we both could not figure out what was going to happen!

Sunday morning I got up, and at that point had watched a few to many episodes of Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix the day before (Yes, I lead a wild and crazy single life!!) So I was convinced someone was going to get engaged during the service. Lest you think this is a super weird idea, ok well maybe it was! But growing up I pretty much lived at church. Being the romantic dreamer that I was (am) I had this glorious image of sitting in the choir loft and having my one true love come and propose during the service.

Yes, I was a strange child.

I digress.

Well at the very end of our sermon, the ushers came and every adult got an envelope. We opened them up to discover money inside, from 10-50 dollars!  But there was a catch! It wasn't ours! Pastor Steve then challenged us to take this money and be stewards of good. To use it to bless someone and make a difference.

Click Here and select the Message from 1-12-14

Me posing with my envelope and money. I was a little excited!

He told us to go home and pray about what God would have us to do with this money. 

I left church and stopped at Payless to get a few items I needed for lunch. While I was there I was thinking about what I could do. Should I pay for someone's groceries? Should I give it to someone in the parking lot? None of those hit my heart, so I went home, and within an HOUR I had an answer. I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with my money!

So I got out my notebook and pen and started making a list of everything I would need to plan and pull off this blessing.



Oh what's that? You can't see any details? You just have to wait and stay tuned to see what I have planned!

Our church was even featured on the local news! Click here for the story.

 In the meantime I hope you all are finding how to #ChooseJoy in your daily life amidst struggles and trials. I am thankful that God has been working on this in my life, and that I'm doing this year long challenge.  It has come at the perfect time as there are some hard things going on in my family right now, but being able to see God's blessings, and LOOK for his blessings in them makes a huge difference. I can't imagine a life without my Savior, my Solid Rock being there with me every step of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea