Skip to main content

Week of Pink!

 Everyone who has ever worked with me is going to be shocked by this. BUT, for the first year since I was a child, I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day! That's right! No more wearing all black! Yes, I was one of THOSE people! I remember when I worked at the Tax office during college, my coworkers would always get me to break out of my black for Valentine's Day but i refused to. Well to make up for lost time, I decided to have a WEEK OF PINK!! Go big or go home!
 So we started off with Monday, I wasn't feeling so great, so I'm sporting my pink glasses, a comfy sweater, and I threw on my scarf and a sparkly headband to actually look like I tried to look decent.
 Tuesday my antibiotics were kicking in, so I looked much better! ha!
 My shirt has a really cool knot on it that you can slightly see in the right hand corner of the picture. It was a 3.00 find from a RARE trip to Walmart last summer! 
Jeans, and my cowboy boots. They are soooo comfy, however I feel like I look like Tigger when I walk in them. The heels have some bounce to them to say they least. And I walk fast.

 Wednesday, Pink Weds! Whoo!!! Is also apparently the day I wear a skirt. I usually have no wear to be, so I'm inside teaching all day, and rain or shine, snow or more snow, I can wear a skirt and tights and have it be freezing cold outside! I like this!
 I also LOVED the sun coming in!!! It's sooo nice to have the sunlight in the studio, warming it up, and bringing some cheer to our over winter hearts!
 I really struggle with what to do with my hands when I sit at the piano for pics.

Thursday. OH Thursday. My hair. My poor, huge hair! I texted this pic to Audie and told her it was a good thing it wasn't sunday or I would have to sit in the back of church so people could see. My hair was large and not so much in charge! More like out of control! Thankfully I'm getting a haircut soon. This mess needs thinned out!!
 Needless to say, I couldn't take it. My hair kept getting stuck in my sweater and I feel like I was suffocating and being strangled. I grabbed two hair clips and shoved it up. Not so cute from the back, but..
 Kinda cute from the front!!!!!! And yes, this is my normal spot where I teach. In my chair, on the right side of the piano and right next to the window. And yes, I have two fans there.
 Friday It was VALENTINE'S DAY!! And really the best I have had in over 15 years! More about that later! I really liked my socks. Random, I know. They are knee high, and while I spare you from a picture of that, i had to show this. Pink and Red stripes! The top of them had more stripes and then a cupid!
My getting ready pic. Please excuse the fact that I'm cleaning my bedroom.

 If I always look like I'm laughing in the pics by the Piano.. It's because I am! ha! Trying to not to a fake, weird smile, and look happy and pleasant. So awkward that it cracks me up! #doesnttakemuch
 Had to get in a shot of my festive socks. Also, can we just take a minute to acknowledge I am wearing a belt?!

I do like taking pictures by the windows. Natural light makes me look better! And it makes my eyes pop out. I will spare you the outtakes of me standing too close to the patio door and being blinded. #awkwardsauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea