Skip to main content

#ChooseJoy #JoyGivers365 Weeks 16-22

I was all set to write up a post-Easter blog about choosing joy over the first Holiday without my Grams and how emotional it was to realize she was in Heaven with Jesus celebrating his Death and Resurrection IN PERSON.

And then... I injured my upper back and neck.

And I still have no clue how.

What I do know is that for 2 1/2 weeks I suffered from worse than ever before migraines and terrible back pain.

I practically lived at my chiropractors. No joke. I would have slept there if they had let me.

After my last apt (of 7930487930742) I felt good! 

For about a day.

And then I got the Stomach Flu.

(Or so I thought)

It was terrible.

After 2 days barfing, fever, and dizziness, I thought I was getting better.

And then it came back.

Worse than before.

Way worse.

And then I got to ride in an Ambulance to the emergency room.

That was fun.

I think. 

I don't really know, as I passed out during part of it.

The Dr told me I had at least 4 more days of the sickness. 

I wanted to punch him.

I would have if I could have moved at all without throwing up.

I spent the next week+ at my parents trying to fight off my sickness and then recover.

It was not fun. To say the least.

I distinctly remember laying on my parents couch on a Sunday afternoon.  Being on day 6 of vomiting, trying so desperately not to throw up, with a fan hurricane blast on my face, and quite frankly smelling a bit, ok alot, because I had been too sick and weak to shower for days.( Yes, days. ) I thought to myself "God, I REAALLYY don't know how i'm going to choose joy over this! I am done! I can't handle anymore! MAKE.THIS.STOP!" (spoiler-he didn't)

I couldn't think of one good or joyful thing about the whole nightmare.

Until I thought...

"Well, at least I'm losing weight"

Granted, I would have rather stuck to the healthier eating plan I had adapted in my life than to the barfing my guts out diet plan, but it was the best I could come up with at the moment!

It's been about 3 weeks since I got sick and I am still not back to my normal self. Applesauce and Saltines are still on the daily menu, and I am get tired very easily. It's taking awhile to build back up my strength and stomach very much solid food.

But through this all, there is joy to be found. I'm grateful, SO grateful, that my parents were able to take me home and take care of me. I'm even more joyful that God protected them from this illness.

I choose joy that even though I deal with a chronic health condition and got this crazy viral infection from who knows where, that it could be worse. It could be much worse. Even though the past month has been horrible, it's been one month. Some people spend entire years, lifetimes, feeling as bad as I did in one month. Having loved ones who have suffered from cancer, I have seen it first hand.

So while I still struggle to regain my strength and feel good, I choose joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea