Skip to main content

#ChooseJoy #JoyGivers365 Weeks 23, 24, 25

It's been a roller coaster few weeks (months). Around April i.e. the day my new neighbors moved in. I knew that I did not want to renew my lease when it was up at the end of June. Other neighbors and different situations at my complex reinforced this idea. When I got the paperwork to renew my lease (they automatically send it) and found out that not only was my rent going up but they were adding other charges as well, I knew for sure that I would not be staying at my current location.

For a long time I have longed for a house. For a girl that grew up on a farm, town life and especially apartment life, sharing walls with your neighbors, is just not for me. I crave peace and quiet. And not having to run my fan on high year round just to be able to sleep without hearing my neighbor snore. #iwishiwasjoking

When I began to look I was determined that I would NOT freak out and trust God through this process. So I began to put feelers out and look on craigslist a few times a week to see if i could find something acceptable. Unfortunately everything I found was either way out of my price range, or looked like a place where you would partake in illegal activities. Neither of which I was going for!

In the midst of this I got terribly sick, so searching was the last thing on my mind.

Once I came back from my parents and tried to get back to life, while still not feeling well, the search was on. I faced the same struggle as before.  Time started getting closer and closer to when I needed to move and I had nowhere to go. I was stressed.

Wednesday, June 11'th dawned and I was feeling sick and miserable. I hit my breaking point. I called my Mom and broke down on the phone to her. I didn't know why I was still feeling terrible nor where I would go in just two short weeks. Or if I would even be well enough to move myself. She tried to calm me down and I got off the phone and laid on my couch and just prayed.

A little bit later I decided to hop onto craigslist again and search. Lo and behold I found a house that was in my area and was UNDER my budget. It didn't have pictures but by this point I was beyond desperate so I clicked the contact button to send an email. If you're not familiar with Craigslist, sometimes it has the person's name and phone number other times it's an anonymous email. This time it happened to have a name. And I recognized that name! It was that of a man who goes to my old church. While I didn't know him personally we had mutual friends. A slight glimmer of hope began to arise in me. I quickly shot him off an email and mentioned my former church. 

Long story short, he called me right back and we talked for 20 mins, setting up a time to meet on Friday morning after my Dr's apt to see a different house which he thought would be a better fit for me.

It was.

I saw the house and fell in love!!

It is completely remodeled on the inside and super super nice. Way nicer than I thought I could have on my budget. As I was walking around inside looking at this adorable house, I kept thinking of Ephesians 3:20 which has been my verse of the year.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
Eph 3:20

Not only is the house nicer than I could have imagined it's also, wait for it, UNDER Budget!!  Only God could do something like that!

And for this country girl, stuck in town, it has a nice backyard, which butts up to a railroad track, and behind that.. Is nothing. No neighbors, no buildings. Just grass. Beautiful. So I can go in my backyard, and sit on my back porch area and not see anyone. I cannot wait! I allready have great dreams of getting a porch swing and spending my free time outside swinging and reading.

Other things that are clearly from God, just for me:

An ice maker.

Yes, seriously. I love ice and hate having to do ice trays. I may or may not have jumped for joy and squealed when I saw the ice maker.

And not to be left out,

My mailbox is right by my front door. I can just stick my arm outside to get my mail. No more having to get in my truck and drive across the complex to go to the mail hub to get mail, and risk life and limb during the winter months when it's covered with ice and snow. 

There is one more tiny detail that I haven't mentioned.

I'm going to own this house.

In a year!

I'm doing a rent to own program, and if all goes well and I decide this is where I want to stay, in a year this house will be mine!

If you had told me a year ago or even a month ago that I would be looking at buying a house I would say there is no way! How could I do that?! #OnlyGod

I'm so excited and counting down the days until I can move into my first home!!!!! My parents are thrilled at the thought of me buying something and not having to move me for a long time. :)

I'm still in awe of how God worked this out. When I hit my breaking point I kept reminding myself of my Dad's favorite verse.

Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?
Matthew 6:26


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea