Skip to main content

6/52

I DOMINATED this week!!  I often have busy weeks, but this week I felt like I was accomplishing things, more than just being busy. It was a wonderful feeling! And a nice change of pace.. hahahahah

I had several errands to run on Monday so I got up a few hours earlier than normal so I could get them all done before lessons without feeling rushed.
The Errand I was MOST excited about was getting my free gigi's cupcake for my birthday! I chose the Midnight Magic Chocolate Chip and oh was it so good!!
Gigi's cupcakes have so much icing on them it can be a bit too much. So I figured out the best way to get the correct ratio of icing to cake. Yes, I take my cupcake eating seriously!!
Early in the week the latest Duggar girl to give birth, did. And had a boy. I thought it was a girl. Which should have told me it was a boy because I'm always wrong. Audra and I had to text back and forth that day about the baby and what it's unfortunate name might be.

Edited to Add: Right as I was finishing this blog, they finally announces his name (Sidenote, you knew the gender and you had nine months. It doesn't build interest when you wait an entire week to announce. It's just weird. And annoying)

And they named him.... Henry.... Wilberforce......................................................

Tuesday, oh Tuesday. I took down an old broken blind in my bedroom, and installed a new, larger blind. It was a hot mess. I didn't know what I was doing but I finally figured it out. And needed a shower after because I was pouring sweat! I was proud of myself though for getting it done all by myself!
And as Paul Harvey would say. Here's the other side of the story. My nightstand was littered with tools!
Wednesday the coffee I had made the night before ( I like Iced Coffee) was in the perfect mug for what it did all day long! I made a quick trip to DG for some snacks and chocolate because I'd been craving a smore and didn't have any chocolate.
I came home and immediately tried to roast a marshmallow on my gas stove. Let's just say I burnt some. And the smores made in the following days were made in the microwave. (And still tasted just as good!)
After my Smore Break I got back to work and worked ALL afternoon on my Taxes. You can imagine about how much fun that was.
While I was working, it was still coming down!
I only had a few students on Weds, and one by one they cancelled, down to the very last one, when I was looking out the door wondering where she was. So I finally got my wish for a snow day, even if I spent it working and doing taxes.


It was really pretty!!!! Mostly because I didn't have to go anywhere!


Thursday dawned bright and sunny. Thursdays are always a really long day, so I wore one of my favorite comfy outfits.
That afternoon, I happened to have three skype students in a row. Last time I did that, after sitting at my kitchen table for two hours my back was KILLING me. So I decided I had to do something different this time. I thought making a stand up desk might be a good idea. So I rigged it up, thinking I would stand for the first lesson, sit for the next and so on.

Well the first lesson went so well and it was SO NICE to stand up, when I'm sitting for so much of my day, that I ended up standing up for all three lessons. My legs were feeling the burn afterwards but in a good way! It also made sitting for the next three students of the evening much easier!

I sat down to scarf down some dinner, and realized it was bright outside! At 5:30! HALLELUJAH!!!! I love that it's not pitch black when my day is still going strong.


I had a few minutes before my student arrived and I decided to reward myself with 10 mins of reading. I was reading Clint Hill's Five Presidents, and it, like all of his books, was SO good!!
Friday I decided that my chalkboard needed some Valentine's Decorations. I kind of fell down on the Valentine's train this year. It snuck up on me! I really didn't decorate for it and also kind of forgot to do anything for my students. Whooopsie!!
These flowers and my love candle was it for the decorations in my living room.


My Living Room Chalkboard usually sports a bible verse i'm trying to memorize, but it's in full Birthday Countdown mode right now!!!

All that snow we got on Weds? Was quickly melting on Friday when the temps were in the 40's.
And the sunset Friday night? It was AMAZING!!
I clearly couldn't choose which was my favorite picture
So I'm giving you several!!



Ok So I gave you a lot, but they are so pretty!!


Sunday, SOMEHOW, I woke up at 6 am... When my Alarm was set for 7..... Thankfully I had made an extra large cup of coffee the night before, so I guzzle that down while I got ready for church. It was my Sunday to Serve, and while Orange isn't my favorite color ;), I do love serving! I'm happy I have found my place and something I enjoy doing!


For the first time I got to man the Info Desk while the sermon was going on. I had never done that before and I enjoyed it! I think I may volunteer for it next time as well. It was nice to stand up. (Are you sensing a theme here? Standing up is my new work out.. hahahah but seriously!) It was kind of fun to see what goes on "behind the scenes" so to speak.
After church I ran to DG, because what is a Sunday without a stop there? And I came home and was trying to take my picture outside in the sun because it was once again sunny and beautiful. Well I kept getting my toilet paper in the picture and then the neighbor across the street let his dogs out to use the facilities in their front yard (anyone else think that is GROSS??!!) and his dogs were barking at me. So I gave up and went inside.

Sunday afternoon was spent doing some chores, redecorating a bit, painting ALLLLLLLLL the picture frames. Ok not really but I did paint 4 of them. And reading Melissa Tagg's latest book.

14 Days until my Birthday!!!!!! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea