Skip to main content

28/52


This past week's recap might possibly be the least amount of pictures ever in a recap and as you read it, you'll see why!

Monday was another busy day. Here is a Piano Teacher before teaching 9 students (all but one back to back)
 And here is a VERY tired teacher 9 students later. Mercy. I was exhausted!
 Wednesday I had a massage first thing in the am, per the usual. And ran into a student/friend of mine there, getting her first free massage on her birthday! Whoo Hoo!! 

That morning before I headed to my massage I noticed that my ear felt fluidy. Which is rare since i have ear tubes. My left ear, has a tube that is not in my ear drum anymore. It's moved out, but hasn't pushed out of my ear yet. So I thought it would be safe to put some peroxide in my ear to help with the fluid. 

I.

WAS.

WRONG.

So very wrong!! It was some of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I was ok for the first maybe 60 seconds, and then I breathed or something and the peroxide went down and it was like the burning fires of hell in my ear. (I say that not to curse, or be funny, I say that quite literally. As I was running to the bathroom and frantically trying to flush out my ear, while trying not to pass out from the pain, I kept remembering what Pastor Steve had said about the pain of hell during our Revelation series. As I'm trying not to scream from the pain, his comments about the pain and burning of hell kept flashing through my head, and let me tell you, I got really convicted about witnessing to people! Not even kidding. It's funny what flashes through your mind at times, but that pain was horrendous and I could only think that the pain I was in, had to be nothing compared to what we had learned about in Rev, what Hell would be like for unbelievers.) Anyways, it was beyond terrible. And really only made things worse.

By Weds evening I couldn't hear out of my ear. By Thursday I was straight up miserable.
But a girl's gotta teach. So Teach I did. With one ear. It was not the easiest thing I've done. I posted a side by side on IG, this is what I look like to everyone who see's me...

but...

 This is how I feel inside. Ohhhh the pain!
 Thursday after I was done teaching I headed to my Dr's for a same day sick apt. Left with prescriptions for two antibiotics.

 And I spent the rest of the week, weekend, and MONDAY, like this. Laying on my couch (or bed) with a heating pad on my ear trying to get it to drain. Feeling miserable, and running a fever.

It's now Wednesday, and I have been back at the Dr again, and am SPOILER ALERT, still sick. Blech. Goodbye week 28, I won't miss you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t...

Life in Phone Pics

 Can I just say how much I appreciate the fact that my new phone takes so much better pictures than my old one?! I have been using my phone for almost all of my pics! And bonus, no purple hair! Above is a new dessert I made. A Smores Cookie Bar. It was yummy. I had some and then realized I would eat the entire thing if I kept it. So I gave 90% of it away to my students. This just cracked me up. Last weekend when I was elevating my feet I obviously had the lights off and yet my toes were so neon pink that you could still see them in the darkness!  My toes weren't the only thing pink on my body. My sunburn was of an epic proportion. now it has started to peel. Everywhere. Even my arms. yuck. I'll spare you from that! Oh well, at least my hair looked cute here!  Yes, I am really showing you a picture of my cabinet. Last night I decided to totally move all but one of my cabinets. Erm. or rather the insides of them. My dishes and glasses used to be in th...

Book Review: The moments you were mine by LJ Evans

  Once again I was lucky enough to be on the ARC team for another book by LJ Evans. Since I have discovered LJ she has become one of my top 5 must read authors. LJ’s books are like Christmas Day. Or your birthday if you’re like me and obnoxiously celebrate both. :) You count down the days until it happens with great expectation and excitement and then it gets there and you almost don’t want it to be there because then it will be over and you have to wait another 364 days for the magic to come by again. Thankfully for all of us LJ writes more than one book a year so we are all #blessed in that aspect. I’m always super excited to get and read her books, but it’s a mixed feeling of not wanting to start reading it because then it will be over, and I can’t wait to read it and see what happens. Oh the struggle of being a book lover! I had some FEELINGS over Parker and Fallon. I felt like they were real people and at several points I wished they were real people so I could take t...