Skip to main content

30/52

Monday was my first Monday working since I got sick with the ear mess. I had to drink coffee at my break around 3:30 because I was SO.TIRED. I barely made it thru the day awake and by the time the last student left at 7:30 I collapsed on the couch and pretty much didn't move the rest of the evening!


Tuesday was my day to go visit my friends at the nursing home.. I wore a sleeveless top and knee length skirt and sandals, and packed a fan just in case. But when I made my way to the 100 Wing I was pleasantly shocked to find...
AIR CONDIDTIONING! Y'all I can't tell you how excited I was! It's usually super hot in there, since the bay window area isn't used all day and the residents are colder natured, so to feel that AC on full blast was amazing! Especially since I still had a fever from my ear ( Don't worry, not anything I could pass on to the residents, unless they were inside my ear with my ear tube ;) )
I took this at the end, and one lady rolled by in her wheel chair, giggled at me, and said something to the likes of "You're checking out how pretty you are" ha! I love them! They are good for my soul, and my ego! I met a new resident, Mrs. J, and had the most delightful conversation with her! She shared the sweetest story of how she and her husband met and was just so funny and sweet! She also called me beautiful, I swear, ever feeling down, go visit these people and you'll perk right up!!
After chatting with Mrs. J and the activity assistant for awhile, I left and made my way back to town. I skipped my normal post piano pizza at Buck Creek Pizza since i didn't have much of an appetite, and decided to run to the grocery store instead to pick up a few items on my way home. I passed two men getting arrested on the way, THAT was interesting!! I finally made it home and my parents came by and Dad mowed my lawn, while Mom and I chatted. I fed him some dinner and sent home a Coke Cake which apparently he really liked!!!
Wednesday was a big day! I started off the day with my last free massage from the summer massage clinic. OH the sadness!!!! I was sad to see it end!! I had the BEST massage ever, which i thought I had earlier in the summer, but this girl blew that one out of the water. the students this year were seriously amazing and only got better each week.

I also realized I had to turn in my first reading hours sheet as the Summer Reading Program was ending soon. I finished one whole sheet which was 168 hours, and then got a second sheet and finished 24 hours on it! Didn't beat my reading hours from last year, I blame that on being sick and miserable for three weeks straight.
After my massage I ran to the Fair for lunch. I cannot live without my summer lemon shakeup and fair pulled pork bbq. I was smart and packed my older sneakers as I had heard that the fairgrounds were muddy. Muddy was an understatement. First of all I practically had to park at my house. I think parking at my house would have been less walking. Secondly, I parked so far away that I LOST my vehicle when I went to leave. I walked around for 11 MINUTES trying to find it. And walked a half of a mile. I know this because when I went home and synced my fitness tracker it had the time and told me the miles I walked, HA!!!!! Thirdly, by the time I finally found my truck and tried to leave.... I had to put my 4 wheel drive on to get out of my muddy parking space. There was legit a moment where I thought I wasn't going to make it. Super awkward since I was heading home to teach lessons. thankfully i did, and I made it home and had to hose off my legs from the knees down thanks to the mud.

Anywho, mud not withstanding, I had a lovely time at the fair! When I was standing in line for my lemon shakeup, one of my student's Nana came by and I started talking to her for a few minutes. She went to go see my student and a few minutes later guess who ran up to me? My Student! She had 5, yes 5!! goats at the fair and wanted to show them to me, and I happily went! They were SO cute!! I was loving on Gizmo, my favorite, how can you not love him by name alone? So fun to see her and meet the famous goats I hear so much about!
During a break in lessons I ran to the Library to turn in my reading sheet and pick up some books. They pretty much always have a small rack of free books to take, and I found several for myself and people I know. I picked these two up for my oldest nephew. He will be thrilled. His Parents maybe not so much. Fascinating reading right there...... HA!!
I don't remember which day this was but it was 9:24 pm and still 78 degrees. #HOT

 Thursday I was all about being comfy, I took several pictures of myself in a headband that two students from an old job gave me years ago and just realized I never shared it with them! Whoops!


 My #NVUncharted Shirt is basically the softest t shirt i have ever owned.
 And It is mint green which makes it my favorite t shirt I currently own!!
 After teaching, getting an allergy shot, I was tired and hungry! I stopped at the Igloo for a small chocolate milkshake when I went to my chiropractors. Ice cream and an adjustment? yes please!!
I mean that's a perfect afternoon right there!

I spent the rest of the week/weekend relaxing at home, trying to get some rest and beat this ear crud, and still fighting off a fever. Thankful for a long weekend to rest and save up my strength for the next week ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t