Skip to main content

12/52


Oh last week. I barely can remember you at this point!!

Monday I wore one of my favorite new shirts, and had a little exploration out to Family Dollar before teaching. I know, I live a really thrilling life. I didn't find anything super exciting but it's funny how being in a different store, that you've never been inside, in a different area than you shop in can make you feel like you're in a completely different town!
Tuesday was the first day of Spring and DQ's Free Ice Cream Day!! YAY! Sadly they didn't let me pick chocolate this year, but it was still delicious. And yes that is a sweater I am wearing because it was spankin cold here!
Tuesday evening I found out Jboz might be having her baby soon, and blessedly I did not have to drive her to the hospital and deliver the baby on the side of the road.  Despite them sending her home that evening, I woke up many times to check my phone over night, and when I got up for good that morning I sent her a text asking if she took any trips over night. Perhaps to the hospital?

Yes, YES SHE DID!

I totally called it!!

Little Kohen James was here within less than 15 mins of his Momma texting me. Apparently epidurals are a gift from God :)

And my face was pretty much like this the entire first half of the day. I had some cancellations thanks to spring break so I was antsy for my students to leave so I could book it to the hospital to meet King James!
FINALLY!!!!
He was just so precious!!
White blonde hair just like his big brother! Slept in my arms the entire time, also reminiscent of Roman.
And I took tons of selfies because he's just so danged cute! Didn't bother him at all and he was so light I could have just held him with one arm the entire time. But he's a newborn and I am a Nervous Nellie so SAFETY FIRST PEOPLE!!

I finally needed to hand him over to Grandma Lisa so Auntie Cherrybear could go teach. Sadness. He did not like that! (Neither did I) and he started screaming his cute little head off.
Wednesday night I decided to finally start working on a craft project I had been wanting to do for awhile. One of my favorite verses, and it will hang in my living room.
Thursday I had some errands, which included the chiropractor, and getting my brother's christmas presents. He is so hard to shop for, so i am really excited to have already found what I did!

When I came back home I saw an ambulance, guess I missed all the excitement.

I was dressed comfy for the day, and for the first time ( well in public, hahah) my hair had a top knot going on.
I was impressed that I pulled it off. I guess I always thought top knots were for people with straight hair but my hair was driving me crazy that day and I just wanted it. OFF.MY.FACE. And as a bonus to this top knot situation, when my chiro adjusted me, my hair actually looked fine!




I wrapped my brother's christmas gifts. Now not to lose them!
And finished!Actually I still need to go over each letter one more time, but it's basically done!
Earlier in the week it was warm, and then Saturday it snowed. Of course. I was thankful that the snow shifted south and we didn't get the 8 inches they forecasted!

Especially since by Saturday I was having some tooth pain. Friday evening I bit into something and thought oh, that kind of hurt. But sometimes crunchy things do that to a certain tooth that has a crown. I didn't think much of it until i woke up saturday and my mouth hurt.

And then it just got worse and worse. By Sunday I was in terrible pain. My mouth was throbbing non stop and it was pain I couldn't get away from or work through. I live with a chronic illness and have pain pretty much everyday, but this pain was like nothing else. I want to say it was worse than my Sinus Surgery. It was BAD. I wanted to cry but I thought it would hurt even more if I did that! there were times I realized I was holding my breath because even breathing hurt. I barely ate Saturday afternoon to Sunday, Monday. Sunday night sleep was non existent. I moved to the couch so I could prop my head up higher. That didn't help. I used up the tube of Orajel that I forced myself to leave the house to get Sunday afternoon. Monday was terrible. Just terrible. To make matters worse I couldn't get into my Dentist until TUESDAY MORNING. So I had to suffer for an entire day longer while I waited to find out what the mess was wrong with me. But I digress. This blog post is just until Sunday, so you'll have to wait for next week's recap!
Before I was dying of pain, or rather praying for the Lord's second coming. (Seriously, I did. This is when you know I'm in over my head with pain, I start praying for him to come at that exact moment) I got exciting mail! This beautiful locket necklace is a holder for my fitness tracker! My flimsy bracelet broke for the second time and no super glue was going to save it. I didn't want to spend the money on a new bracelet, they are expensive and so cheaply made. So I went without using it for several weeks. Until I found this necklace set on ebay for 6.00. It came with the necklace, a bracelet, a clip for a shoe or something of the like and a brand new tracker!!!! Apparently the lady who sold it didn't know how to use it. I lucked out!!
I finally ate up the very last of my DQ ice cream cake, almost a month AFTER my birthday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea