Skip to main content

Clutzy Cherry

So I'm thinking that being like bubble boy, probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me. I had a small accident at work yesterday. No, I didn't drop my computer on my toe and bust it open again. That is sooo 2007!!

Instead, I decided to walk into my co workers office to drop some papers off in the tray on top of her filing cabinets.. With the light off... I mean really, who would have thought that her trash can would be out beside her desk right in my path? And it was black so it kind of blended in... I managed to trip on the trashcan and impale my foot on it, while simultaneously falling halfway on her desk. And yes, my hip hurts as well. I look up, and I'm sprawled across her desk, and i see my co worker across the hallway half up from her desk trying to see into the office I was in to see if I was ok. (Possibly because I kept yelling. ow. OW. OW! OWWWWW!!!!) Once she realized I wasn't mortally wounded she couldn't stop laughing. It was kinda funny.. How I get myself into these situations I'll never know!!

On the bright side, I haven't done the slip and slide in my apt building for a good 3-4 weeks now. Which is good. I allready have huge bruise on my foot from yesterday, I don't need anymore!

The Charity Hi-jinks don't stop there. oh no siree.. we're just getting started!

A week ago tonight I decided that I would try and lighten my hair. I had dyed it black back in March and was tired of it, plus my very light brown roots were coming in. Having the concert friday night I thought hey i will get all cute!

Attempt #1 at dyeing... Still had black hair, minus my roots. They were blonde.. So now I look like a skunk. That wasn't working so I tried to decide my next move.

Which wasn't a smart one people.

Attempt #2 I decided that putting a highlighter over my entire head would lighten up the black.

NOT. GOOD. IDEA.

Now my roots are PLATNIUM BLONDE.

The rest of my hair is a colorful array of orange, red, brown and black.

To say there were tears would be an understatement. And if you know me, you know that I do NOT cry. Well I did that night!

I tried to comb my hair and hair started falling out, thus began the freak out. I sent a pic to my co worker and she made me come into work the next day with my colorful hair. Let's just say my only friend that day was Tony. He was the only person smart enough not to say anything. To his credit he managed not to make a shocked face either. Which is much more than I can say for everyone else!!

Thankfully after Deborah got done with her laughing spell, she got ahold of her hairstylist friends and got some tips on how to fix my hair. A quick trip to walmart over lunch break and we were set.

I went straight to my bathroom at home after work and began to dye my hair for the third time in less than 24 hours. I am please to say that my hair is now red. I quite like it. The majority of my hair was red from attempt #2 so we figured it would be easiest to stay with that. Or at least thats what the experts said, and heavens knows they knew more than me! So my hair is now a fiesty dark reddish auburnish brown. Except for my roots. They're a tad bright. But its all good. Really after you've had platnium roots and went out in public with them.. Not much phases you!!

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

~~~Alana~~~ said…
hehehehehe.... funny. You and your hair colors!
Hope you are having a great day!
Alana

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea