Skip to main content

Just for you Skip!!

Much has happened in the past week, I keep thinking about blogging and even writing blogs in my head when I’m doing stuff but I never seem to get around to actually writing them out! Well Lisa is prodding me to update so I am finally sitting down and doing it! J

This past weekend was absolutely WONDERFUL!! I don’t think I have laughed that hard or had so much fun in a long time. I was even still happy on Monday morning when I came into work and it lasted all day and all week long! I don’t know what happened to me, but I’m just at peace with everything right now. I’m quitting stressing out and worrying about stuff that I can’t do anything about. I told someone this as advice this morning and then I realized how much I needed to put it to practice. “Sometimes you just have to take the bad, and learn a lesson from it, and move on with life. Don’t dwell on it and make yourself be crabby and in a bad mood” Boy if only I was as smart as my advice, huh? So that’s what I’m trying to do. This week has been wonderful at work. Things go wrong and the stress just rolls off my back!

I think it helps that I FINALLY got a life outside of work. I have friends here in town that I hang out with and I’ve been spending more time with my family. I’m just HAPPY.

So back to this weekend.

Saturday I sat through one of the most boring ceremonies in my life. It was the Fellow’s induction at St Joe’s. My Grandma was honored and made a fellow. It was held in the Chapel on campus, which, you guessed it, had NO AIR CONDITIONING! I suppose at this point I should mention that it was in the 90’s and humid with storms rolling in. There was a mass beforehand that we talked Grams out of going to, because hello, we’re not catholic! Well that ran over and when we went in all the seats in the pews were taken and we had to sit on METAL FOLDING CHAIRS off to the side. I sweated in places I never knew I could sweat in. I swear my earlobes were sweating!! As I said It was incredibally boring, but my Dad kept me entertained with his surprisingly witty comments. Got me in trouble too! The Lady in front of us kept turning around and glaring at me when I laughed, which I tried to do quietly, but we all know I can’t help but laugh loudly! Thankfully she left after her person was honored, which is a good thing. I don’t think she would have appreciated my 5 minute coughing fit. Yes, I still have remnants of my Memorial Cold and good news its coming back!! I couldn’t stop coughing so I had to walk out to the vestibule and stand there and cough. And of course I was in the throes of my coughing fit when Grams got her award so I didn’t even see her. STINK!! Oh well they took an official picture.

Finally after that was done, we went off to the formal dinner which was held in another building on campus. It was a newer building but apparently they didn’t believe in air conditioning either because there was none. So that was another hour and a half with no air. Our water glasses were sweating so badly you had to wipe them off before you picked it up.

I was hoping that after sitting through the ceremony that I would be rewarded for my good grandduaghterness and eat some good food.

Well that didn’t happen.

Everything but the spinach lasagna had this weird taste to it. It wasn’t exactly a plastic/rubbery taste but it was similar. It made me want to throw up. So now I am still hot and incredibally hungry. Not having eaten anything but a bananna since dinner the night before, which was 21 hours ago. Sigh.

The good part of the banquet was that I got to see my old piano teacher, Dr John Egan. He is head of the music dept at st joe’s and just a wonderful, kind, lovely fellow. Grams and I walked over to his table to say hello to him he made eye contact with me and didn’t recognize me for a minute.. and then recognition dawned on his face and he opened his mouth in a wide grin! It was the best part of it all! He was so genuinely happy to see me! I can’t remember the last time someone greeted me like that! It was pretty cool! So I got a huge hug from him and got to chat with him for a second.

After all that we made our way back to Rico’s the restaurant that my aunt owns and my Grams manages…. Mom and Dad dropped us off so Grams could finish up and I could meet Lisa.

Lisa met me at Rico’s and I showed her around and we chatted with Grams for a little bit before we decided what to do with the time before the movie started. So We decided to go to Busy Bee’s which btw if you are ever in Rensselaer, you definitely need to go there! Their ice cream is sooo good!! And despite being a small town place, they are extremely reasonable with their prices. I got a Tornado, which is like a Blizzard at DQ. I got a huge one, for only 3 bucks!! DQ’s are over 4 dollars! And the ice cream didn’t melt like DQ’s! I was excited! Maybe it tasted so good because I was so darned hungry! But it was delicious!!

So we sat in her truck and ate, before we went to the theatre and talked for awhile.

I was so excited to go to the movies, because 1. I haven’t been since feburary and 2. I was so danged hot I was looking forward to freezing to death in a movie theatre for 2 ½ hours.

Well that didn’t happen.

Apparently the whole TOWN of Rensselaer IN does not believe in air conditioning because there was no a/c in the brand new theatre. It was horrible. Movie was great but I was pouring sweat it was so bad.

After that Lisa drove me home to my parents and finally got to see my house and meet my Mom!! She had met everyone but my Mom, so I was excited for them to meet. I took her on a tour of the house and then we ended up outside on the porch swing on the deck. Sitting and talking, reminiscing about our childhoods. It was beyond relaxing and so nice. It was really neat to show her where I grew up and stuff from my childhood. I feel like I have known her forever since she is such a huge part of my life. So Saturday was really a ton of fun….

Sunday wasn’t as great. I woke up in the middle of the night and I use the term woke up generously because I never was fully asleep. My head and body were in so much pain I thought I was getting a migraine. So at 5 am, I went downstairs, got my migraine medicine and wrote my mom a note to let her know I wouldn’t be going to church. Well I didn’t get a migraine it turned out to be a heat headache and heat exhaustion from 9+ hours in the heat without a/c. I tend to forget every summer that heat makes me pretty sick. Well lets just say I remember now… I finally did get alittle sleep thanks to the medicine and woke up to see that mom had left more medicine for me on my nightstand. Aweeee I love my momma!! Taking care of me!!!

So I missed going to their church and hearing Pastor Andy. L Mom took me back to Lafayette early that afternoon so I could rest and get my a/c going. Yeah it was broke too! I was beginning to wonder if there was some conspiracy against me being in air conditioned air!! Thankfully it got fixed on Monday and I am happy to say that it has been a cool 70 every night in my apt since! Yeah, I’m gonna looooovveee that on my electric bill next month!!

So that is what went on last weekend. It was tons of fun and I can’t wait to go home and spend time with my family and meet up with Lisa again!!

The next month(s) are already filling up with activities. Summer is going to be soooo much fun!!4’th of July Wolcott festival! Zoie’s wedding, White CO fair with Becky, Joel playing at Tipp Fair, Melissa is staying with me for THREE weeks! If we don’t kill each other by the time she leaves it will be a good time! I’m babysitting for my friends daughters starting in July. So yay time with kiddos! And hopefully sometime my Bro and SIL will come visit us! So lots is going on and I am very much looking forward to all of it!!

And thanks to Kristen I will be FABULOUSLY dressed the entire time!! J I am hoping that there are boxes outside my apt this afternoon!!

JESUS IS COOL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea