Skip to main content

God is so good!!

So last night I went to bed, and as usual had prayertime. (i pray in bed, its the only place where i'm not distracted by anything) I was praying about surviving two more days of work and I just lost it. I bawled for over a half an hour before texting Kim, and of course like the awesome best friend she is she called me right away. When I saw she was calling and knew she cared so much I lost it even more so I couldn't even answer to talk to her. Finally I decided I needed my Mom and called her at almost 10pm on a weeknight sobbing my heart out. I think I scared the life out of her. But she was able to calm me down and help me put things in perspective. Finally around 11 i laid down to go to sleep and of course ddin't sleep for a long time. Wonderful when you have to get up at 6 am for work. My eyes were so swollen this morning it was almost scary. i could only half open them so I opted for glasses. I went to work even though It almost killed me. And you know what? The day wasn't anywhere near as horrible as I thought it would be. It actually turned out GOOD. When I reminded of how MUCH God loves me it kind of just shocks me into i don't know what. I was so worried and upset about today and he took a bad situation and totally worked it around and blessed me in ways that I couldn't even have thought of! He is SO WONDERFUL!!!!!

I'll spare all the boring details, but I had a good lunch with our accounting controller, a great exit interview with my Boss, and she gave me the rest of the afternoon off and tomorrow off!! What is amazing and totally God's doing is that I had 26 hours of vacation left for this year and they are actually paying me for them! Which was great. But then she kept on and blew my socks off. I had allready accrued my vacation for next year, so I am getting paid for that as well! For those of you who struggle with math that is 66 hours of vacation that I am getting PAID for!!! Not only was this unexpected, but I had no clue, hadn't even dreamed of something like this!! It is such a huge blessing since I don't know what my pay schedule will be at PU, at the very least I would be going one week without a paycheck and now I am getting paid double for a week and a half!! GOD IS S GOOD!!! I am just so awed by his greatness and his love for me and taking care of me in ways that i could never dream. I kind of feel like standing up and singing every worship song I know at the top of my lungs.. I had better do it inside my head though, lest the cops be called on me. :)

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea