Skip to main content

So good to be HOME....

Well it has been a GREAT week in the life of Cherrybear! Nothing exciting or stressful happened and that made it WONDERFUL! I am slowly getting my sea legs at my new job and so far I really enjoy it. There is more downtime than I am used to, but its kind of nice to not be so rushed all the time.

This week was my off week on the front desk, so I got to sit in the back cubicle, which was very nice and quiet. Almost too quiet! I am used to listening to music and singing while I work so that was alittle bit different. Unfortunately for Carol I have gotten really mad about muttering to myself as I work. I can't help it. I talk to myself all the time. No one answers me so far so I think its ok. :) Seriously though, I thank God each night when I fall into bed happy and looking forward to the next day. For so long I have went home after work and been upset and stressed out. I would go to bed dreading getting up in the morning because it would mean i'd have to go THERE again and put up with everything. And now all of that is comepletely gone. And have I mentioned it has now been 2 whole weeks of not hearing people cuss?! It is so nice to have a clean mind again. You can't help but have that trash in your mind, when you hear those words in every.single.conversation. So I am really enjoying that.

I'm also getting used to all of the walking that I do on a daily basis. I walk pretty fast anyway and am cutting down my time to and from the parking garage. it was 10 mins and now its about 7. woot! go me!! In the mornings though when I get close to my building the front of my ankles hurt I don't know why. Its almost like a shin splint. I don't know if its from just getting up and going to work and then practically running towards my building or what but its rather unpleasant. Hopefully with the more walking I do the less it will bother me.

Another benefit of walking and taking my own food to work and not drinking 56890 oz of pop everyday.. my pants are getting looser! YAY!! We can wear jeans on fridays, so today I put on the jeans that I had worn last week and they needed a belt. I was rather impressed. Hopefully this will be the start of a healthier and skinnier me!! I am drinking tons of water at work as well. And on my off weeks I also do the mail room which requires lifting packages and moving around so i'm getting a workout there too. YAY!!

LIfe has just been nice and quiet this past week and thats how I like it!!

Tonight I am home at my parents farm for the weekend. I came very close to getting a speeding ticket on the way here. I was running 75 in a 55.. 231 north, can you blame me? singing along to my cd when in the distance my eyes (thank you new contacts!!!) saw something suspicious.. BRAKES!!!! I learned that not only do I have good eyesight but the brakes on my explorer are working quite well. (probably the only thing thats working well at this point but thats another story!) Whew. I dodged that bullet. I slowed down alittle bit the rest of the way. to *cough* 65....

Anyways, I am glad to be home and spend some time with my parents. Mom did my hair tonight and added some layers and trimmed it. (just a tiny bit kim don't freak out!!) i am trying to grow it out seeing as I have a huge head (my mom informed me of that tonight!!) more hair makes it look smaller and apparently i need all the help i can get to re size my large noggin. the love. seriously.. :)

Have a Happy Labor Day!!

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

sabby said…
im glad things are going good for you!!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea