Skip to main content

How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

I have the sound of music stuck in my head today, thanks to my boss. We even did a lovely duet on How do you Solve a Problem Like Maria... I'm not sure what started it, but I just can't stop!!

So its Festive Friday here at Purdue.. And yes, it really is. I did not make up that name, although being Festive Charity I was pretty excited that caught up with the festivity! No fears, I made Sara take a hilarious picture of me and our brochure about today's events. In case you're wondering, Festive Friday is all part of Homecoming here at Purdue. Our building is packed with so many alumni, we are a swarm of black and gold.

We have Black and Gold football fridays anyway, but every single person today has on Purdue gear. I wore my official "Blackout" Tee, since its also casual friday but everyone else dressed up. ooopss.. missed the memo on that one! I had to throw on my name badge so that people would know I actually worked her.

I had a very trauamatizing event at work this week. For the first time I was called Ma'am by a student. Repeatedly. And it was a male! I was asking him questions and every answer was yes ma'am no ma'am.... Sara was beside me while it happened and as soon as the door slammed on him leaving she burst out into laughter. I guess I am officially OLD. At the ripe old age of 26. Sad.

I did get revenge this morning. Bets has her alumni pin on her sweater and I noticed it said 82'. So I sweetly said, you graduated in 82'? I was born then!!

I have never seen my life flash before my eyes as I did right then.... Youl could hear the reaction all the way down the hall.

It has been a rather festive week here at work. We are swamped with registration and new students, in the midst of losing our minds, quickly not slowly, we have decided to let go and just have a great time.... Instead of getting stressed out over things we have been finding humor in all the bad situations, which I love!!

Something happened the other day that was irritating but not life changing, So I decided I would be Mean Charity.... Since then we have added Bad Betsy Boo, and Monster Sara.. We're still working on a nickname for Mary. Its taking time:) We also have our own chest thump that we do. Its hard to explain, but it is the most hilarious thing. Mary came up with it after I said I decided I didn't like people anymore.. You thump your upper chest with your hands and make a mean face.... I have yet to get a picture or video of it, you really have to see it to fully appreciate the effect it has.

We have all started doing it as our de-stress... If someone is upset, or we just need a laugh, we do it. And we all laugh so hard there are practically tears and we can't remember what we were upset about in the beginning...

You probably think I"m nuts right now, which would be true:) But its seriously hilarious... I love the people I work with!!!!

I also love the fact that my college houses food and nutrition on the second floor of our buildng. Today the Campbell Lab had a home cooked meal for us. It was soooo good. Hearty Soups, Bread, Cheeses, Desserts. mm mm MMMMMM!! I had some chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. Lord have mercy that was delicious!!

What a lovely day it is!!

JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

sabby said…
what was that again ma'am?
lol if it makes you feel better just remember that im years older than you!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea