Skip to main content

You're a waterfall, washing over me..

Can I just say how much I love my DVR? Not to mention the Free Spot On Demand. Right now I am watching a free Rascal Flatts concert. It really makes me want to see them in person. They are my favorite band!!

I've had a great weekend so far!! Today I went with my co worker Amy and her three kids to the Humane Society to adopt a cat for them. I know those of you who know me quite well are shocked right now, as cats scare me and i don't like them at all..

Thankfully I didn't have to hold any of them! I got to hold her youngest, Branson, who is 13 mos. He is the cutest little thing, and when I say little I mean short, as he is a little chunk! Seriously my arms started to hurt after an hour or so! It was worth it though, he was the sweetest little baby.. Very calm and happy to have me holding him. I finally got him to smile when i tickled him. So precious. It was cute, i would make a face and move my fingers near his neck but not touch him, and he would bury his head in my shoulder giggling. SO CUTE!!!

I had so much fun playing with him and cuddling. He actually ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. Amy was shocked, apparently he doesn't ever do that to people he doesn't know. She said it said alot about my maternal instincts. She is so sweet.

So I had a fun time with her and all three of her kids. I came home and proceeded to watch some of my DVR stuff. I can't say how much I love that thing!! And I love it even more since I got it for FREEEEEEEEE!! They waived the monthly fees for me, and all I was suppsoed to pay was 20 bucks when they installed it. The cable guy didn't charge me even though I asked him about it. I just paid my bill and they didn't charge me for the install either! How awesome is that???!

SO my Mom's birthday is coming up in a week, and I have no clue what to get her... She has everything and doesn't want me to spend very much money on her... I want to get her something meaningful and nice, so if you have any ideas leave a comment!!

No new news about the hot it guy. I was on the back desk at work this week and did not see him ONCE! Sadness, I know. I heard him come in our office Friday, but being the NON STALKER person that I am, I stayed back at my desk. It was hard though!! My co worker Janet who is trying to be a matchmaker called his co worker the other day to find out if he was single. Apparently he is very single, not seeing any one and VERY AVAILABLE! Good news to me. I had a brief period of wanting to run to his office and profess my undying love. Thankfully several friends talked me out of that. So we'll see what happens.

In more exciting news, Caca and I are doing good on our diet/exercise program. I am biking and doing cardio for 40 mins, 5 times a week. I have lost 7 pounds so far in two weeks. I went to the grocery store the other night and actually read the calorie labels. I was shocked to see how many calories some products have! Good Gravy its no wonder I'm overweight!!

I am feeling pretty good. I have alot more energy, I am practically running to work in the morning (especially when its 43!!) and not breaking a sweat or being out of breath. and that my friend is pretty stinking awesome!!!! I wore a pair of jeans on casual friday that used to be tight on me. Yeah not so much friday. I need to invest in a belt. I won't even comment on the skirt I wore Tuesday. All I will say is that those people by the bus stop had no clue how frighteningly close they came to being mooned by me. No fears, that skirt has been taken out of rotation.

Tomorrow is church and a nap, and who knows what else! I don't think I have any big plans next week, but who knows! I am quite frankly impressed that I haven't slept in forever two saturdays in a row and have actually went out in public, with people, wearing makeup!

Scary, isn't it??!!


JESUS IS COOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea