Skip to main content

An Afternoon that needs preserved...

I have laughed more this afternoon than I have in a very long time.. Something happened at work that we all found hilarious, and to preserve the memory I am going to try and write it down here.. Hopefully the humor will be clear to all:)

Our office was rather slow and quiet without all of the students back from break and a few people out sick..

I was working in the back by the copier when I heard the door open in the front, so I went up to help the person who had come in. He needed to check out a key to one of our conference rooms. He was signing the key out in our book so I went back to where I was working.

All of the sudden he starts talking to me over the cubicle, and it was rather weird. Finally he leaves, and the door clicks shut and I finish what i was doing and go back to the front. I pass Carol's cubicle and she says "My, he was rather chipper!!" I said lets be honest here, he was weird ok, not chipper!!

Now here is where I might lose all of my two readers... I am going to put a disclaimer here that I do not endore p/o/r/n or watch it or ANYTHING!!

So I said to Carol, "You know, he really looks like RJ. (not typing out the whole name here!!)

And she said WHAT!! How do you know who that is and what he looks like!!

I said well i've seen him on tv!!

"what kind of channels do you get?!" exclaimed Carol

I tried to explain that I had seen him on VH1's The Surreal Life, but she didn't believe me.

Feeling like I was in a sinking ship I asked Teresa if she knew who he was. Well of course she didn't.

So I said FINE, I'm asking Mary maybe she can save me.

So I walk down the hall to Mary's office and ask her and she has no clue but is very shocked that I know who he is... i said WHATEVER YOU DO.. DON'T GOOGLE HIM!!!!!!

So she decided to call her 20something daughter and ask her if she knows who RJ is.

(By this time Carol and I are standing in the hall outside Mary's office giggling like little school girls.)

So Mary calls her daughter and says she has an important question for her.. And she says do you know who RJ is? Her daughter says no and asks her what he does... this is when Mary starts to stutter and says he's a well. uh.. entertainer... I pop in helpfully and say, He's a p/o/r/n star Mary lets be honest!!

She covers her cell phone and says shhh shhh don't tell her that!!

her daughter on the line can hear something is going on and asks what i say. Mary says well he's a p/o/r/n star..

*A scream emits from the cell phone..*

Carol and I are by this time bent over at the waist laughing...

Only to look up and see Mr RJ standing right there in the hallway..

I can only imagine what the look on my face was at that moment.

Poor soul couldn't log into the computer in the conference room so I had to pull myself together and call IT and try to get help. Carol just left me hanging by the wayside. It was so hard not to laugh during this..

He finally leaves and I sit in my chair waiting for the door to click and make sure he doesn't come back in.

When it does, I walk over to Carol's desk and she is sitting in her chair silently laughing so hard she is crying.

I said, well.. DIDN"T HE!!!!!???!!!

And she said HE DID!!

I told you so!!

Apparently while I was helping him and on the phone, Mary decided she needed to get a look at him and was going to come up and pretend to sharpen her pencil. Carol told her she could pretend all she wanted to but there was no pencil sharpener up front and she was going to look like a lunatic.

I seriously have not laughed that hard and that much in a very long time. It was only made more humerous because I am still sick and my voice goes in and out in squeaks like a 12 yr old boy. It was much funnier with my sound effects.

After that we went and polled everyone in the office and no one knew who RJ was... I find it sad that the Naive little Baptist girl knows who he is but no one else does..

Just another fun friday at Purdue!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

  Tap, Tap, Tap. Is this thing on? No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, I'm back blogging after almost a year of not posting anything. I did a month long Prayer and Fasting with my church and abstained from Social Media (more about that to come) and during that time I realized I really missed blogging! So here I am! Clearly I'm rusty at this because I managed to upload my pictures in the opposite order, and I'm too lazy to go through and move each and every one of them, so we are going to look back at the month of January from the end to the start! Let's go! The Last day of January was a busy one. Well for me at least, after spending most of 2022 on my parents couch, inbetween surgeries, doing anything is busy for me. I had a piano tuning for Old faithful, my new to me baby grand, so I hung out in my bedroom while my tuner was there, and worked on my laptop. Before that I had my 1 year Brow touch up with Marissa at Lafayette Microblading. It had actually been over a

This is My Love Story

In the predawn hours of New Years Day 2004 I was faced with a choice. After spending New Year's Eve at a local bar with a friend, I came home and through the events that transpired, I saw clearly a vision of my future. What would happen to me if I continued on the path I had been taking. I had a choice to make and within a split second I knew what my answer was going to be. I grew up in a Christian home. I was saved at an early age. When I was 13/14 on my Birthday Sunday, Pastor Martin preached a sermon about those of us who had been saved at an early age and knowing if your salvation was real or not. I spent the rest of the day and my party tormented because I could not remember what was in my heart when I was younger. That night I gave my life to Christ and knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was his, and going to Heaven. In the years that followed I continued to be very active in church. I played the Piano and was in charge of Sunday night offertory, I was t

Frugal Friday- (Some) Tips and Tricks on how I get the most bang for my buck

(Shoutout to Ollies for the perfect Picture for this blog post) Remember when it was January and I said I was going to blog more this year? Well, it's now December, and I haven't blogged since January so clearly that goal went out the window.  BUT! I am here blogging today to share something I'm passionate about! And that is SAVING MONEY! And spending the least amount of money on things. Listen, the lower the price of something is, the more I like it.  I was waxing poetic about this subject to a friend on Marco Polo this week and decided that I felt the need to share it with the world. So, world, (or the three people who read my blog) You're Welcome. Sidenote: These are just some of the ways I stretch my dollars and get money back from purchases. Some of these have referral codes that if you join from them I get some sort of a reward, and some don't have codes, or I'm just not cool enough to know where to find them. Use the code, don't use the code, but plea